Features and Benefits
- Unique, Factory-Lasered and Tested 64-Bit Registration Number (8-Bit Family Code Plus 48-Bit Serial Number Plus 8-Bit CRC Tester); Guaranteed No Two Parts Alike
- Standby Current <1µA
- Built-In Multidrop Controller Enables Multiple DS2411s to Reside on a Common 1-Wire Network
- Multidrop Compatible with Other 1-Wire Products
- 8-Bit Family Code Identifies Device as DS2411 to the 1-Wire Master
- Low-Cost TSOC, SOT23-3, and Flip-Chip Surface-Mount Packages
- Directly Connects to a Single-Port Pin of a Microprocessor and Communicates at up to 15.4kbps
- Overdrive Mode Boosts Communication Speed to 125kbps
- DS2411 Operating Range: 1.5V to 5.25V (VCC)
- DS2411A Operating Range: 3V to 5.25V (noVCC), from -40°C to +85°C
The DS2411 silicon serial number is a low-cost, electronic registration number with external power supply. It provides an absolutely unique identity that can be determined with a minimal electronic interface (typically, a single port pin of a microcontroller). The DS2411's registration number is a 64-bit ROM that includes a unique 48-bit serial number, an 8-bit CRC, and an 8-bit family code (01h). Data is transferred serially through the Analog Devices 1-Wire protocol. For the DS2411, an external power supply is required, extending the operating voltage range of the device below typical 1-Wire devices. The DS2411A does not require an external power supply and has a typical 1-Wire operating voltage range. However, it is functionally equivalent to the DS2411, but with differing electrical parameters.
- Accessory/Peripheral Identification
- Equipment Registration
- Module Identification
- Network-Node Identification
- PCB Identification
- Reference Design License Management
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The DS9090EVKIT evaluation system (EV system) consists of a DS9490+ USB-to-1-Wire®/iButton® adapter for PC connectivity, a DS9120P+ socket board with RJ11 cable, and seven different 1-Wire devices. This EV system provides the special hardware and software system to exercise the features of 1-Wire devices with memory or PIO/switches, except 1-Wire EPROM devices. (EPROM devices such as the DS2502 and DS2506 require a different adapter (DS9481R-3C7) to perform an EPROM write. This adapter can be purchased separately.) 1-Wire EPROM devices are available for sampling.
The EV system software consists of the OneWireViewer (a Java® program) that runs under Windows ® OS and comes as part of the 1-Wire drivers installation package.
Features & Benefits
- Easy Setup with USB Adapter
- Fully Compliant with USB 2.0 Specification
- Software Runs on Windows 8, Windows 7, WindowsVista®, and Windows XP® OS (32-Bit and 64-Bit Versions)
- Convenient On-Board Test Points and Dual TO92 Socket
- Standard RJ11 Connector Interfaces to DS9120 Socket Boards
- Free Download of 1-Wire Drivers and OneWireViewer Demonstration Software
- Compatible with Other 1-Wire Devices Purchased Separately
Documentation & Resources
DS2411 Reliability Data1/12/2023
Maxim Wafer-Level Package Assembly Guide11/12/2004
1-Wire Search Algorithm3/28/2002
Reading and Writing 1-Wire® Devices Through Serial Interfaces3/29/2001
How to Build a 1-Wire® Evaluation Kit5/14/2012
1-Wire Software Resource Guide Device Description7/8/2008
Understanding Flip-Chip and Chip-Scale Package Technologies and Their Applications4/18/2007
1-Wire Communication Through Software5/30/2002
Using the DS2480B Serial 1-Wire® Line Driver3/12/2002
Printed Circuit Board Identification Using 1-Wire® Products12/26/2001
Guidelines for Reliable Long Line 1-Wire Networks11/16/2001
Understanding and Using Cyclic Redundancy Checks with Maxim 1-Wire and iButton Products3/29/2001
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.