Features and Benefits
- Open drain PIO pins are controlled and their logic level can be determined over 1-Wire bus for closed-loop control
- Replaces and is fully compatible with DS2407 but no user-programmable power-on settings and no Hidden Mode
- PIO channel A sink capability of 50mA at 0.4V with soft turn-on; channel B 8mA at 0.4V
- Maximum operating voltage of 13V at PIO-A, 6.5V at PIO-B
- 1024 bits user-programmable OTP EPROM
- User-programmable status memory to control the device
- Multiple DS2406's can be identified on a common 1-Wire bus and be turned on or off independently of other devices on the bus
- Unique, factory-lasered and tested 64-bit registration number (8-bit family code + 48-bit serial number + 8-bit CRC tester) assures error-free selection and absolute identity because no two parts are alike
- On-chip CRC16 generator allows detection of data transfer errors
- Built-in multidrop controller ensures compatibility with other 1-Wire net products
- Reduces control, address, data, programming and power to a single data pin
- Directly connects to a single port pin of a microprocessor and communicates at up to 16.3 kbits/s
- Supports Conditional Search with user-selectable condition
- VCC bondout for optional external supply to the device (TSOC package only)
- 1-Wire communication operates over a wide voltage range of 2.8V to 6.0V from -40°C to +85°C
- Low cost TO-92, 6-pin TSOC and Flip Chip surface mount package
The DS2406 Dual Addressable Switch Plus Memory offers a simple way to remotely control a pair of open drain transistors and to monitor the logic level at each transistor's output via the 1-Wire® bus for closed loop control. Each DS2406 has its own 64-bit ROM registration number that is factory lasered into the chip to provide a guaranteed unique identity for absolute traceability. The device's 1024 bits of EPROM can be used as electronic label to store information such as switch function, physical location, and installation date. Communication with the DS2406 follows the standard Dallas Semiconductor 1-Wire protocol and can be accomplished with minimal hardware such as a single port pin of a microcontroller. Multiple DS2406 devices can reside on a common 1-Wire network and be operated independently of each other. Individual devices will respond to a Conditional Search command if they qualify for certain user-specified conditions, which include the state of the output transistor, the static logic level or a voltage transition at the transistor's output.
- HVAC Systems
- IEEE 1451.4 Sensor TEDS
- Process Control
- System Configuration & Monitoring
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The DS9090EVKIT evaluation system (EV system) consists of a DS9490+ USB-to-1-Wire®/iButton® adapter for PC connectivity, a DS9120P+ socket board with RJ11 cable, and seven different 1-Wire devices. This EV system provides the special hardware and software system to exercise the features of 1-Wire devices with memory or PIO/switches, except 1-Wire EPROM devices. (EPROM devices such as the DS2502 and DS2506 require a different adapter (DS9481R-3C7) to perform an EPROM write. This adapter can be purchased separately.) 1-Wire EPROM devices are available for sampling.
The EV system software consists of the OneWireViewer (a Java® program) that runs under Windows ® OS and comes as part of the 1-Wire drivers installation package.
Features & Benefits
- Easy Setup with USB Adapter
- Fully Compliant with USB 2.0 Specification
- Software Runs on Windows 8, Windows 7, WindowsVista®, and Windows XP® OS (32-Bit and 64-Bit Versions)
- Convenient On-Board Test Points and Dual TO92 Socket
- Standard RJ11 Connector Interfaces to DS9120 Socket Boards
- Free Download of 1-Wire Drivers and OneWireViewer Demonstration Software
- Compatible with Other 1-Wire Devices Purchased Separately
Documentation & Resources
DS2406 Reliability Data1/12/2023
Maxim Wafer-Level Package Assembly Guide11/12/2004
1-Wire Search Algorithm3/28/2002
Reading and Writing 1-Wire® Devices Through Serial Interfaces3/29/2001
Create a 1-Wire Master with Xilinx PicoBlaze2/27/2023
Advanced 1-Wire Network Driver2/14/2023
How to Build a 1-Wire® Evaluation Kit5/14/2012
Protecting 5V 1-Wire® Slaves from Overvoltage Exposure5/30/2011
Easy Modifications to Sustain a Design with the DS2409 MicroLAN™ Coupler3/4/2011
White Paper 2: Using the 1-Wire® Public Domain Kit7/16/2008
1-Wire Software Resource Guide Device Description7/8/2008
1-Wire Master Device Configuration3/3/2004
White Paper 5: Using 1-Wire APIs for Data Sheet Commands6/7/2002
1-Wire® Tagging with XML6/7/2002
1-Wire Communication Through Software5/30/2002
DS2890 and Fluorescent Lighting Control3/12/2002
Using the DS2480B Serial 1-Wire® Line Driver3/12/2002
Programming 1-Wire EPROM and EEPROM Memory Devices Using a PC1/2/2002
Printed Circuit Board Identification Using 1-Wire® Products12/26/2001
1-Wire File Structure7/11/2001
Minimalist Temperature Control Demo4/24/2001
Understanding and Using Cyclic Redundancy Checks with Maxim 1-Wire and iButton Products3/29/2001
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.View our quality and reliability program and certifications for more information.
|Part Number||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Pin/Package Drawing||CAD Symbols, Footprints & 3D Models|
|DS2406+||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||TO92|
|DS2406+T&R||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||TO92|
|DS2406P+||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Thin Small-Outline C-Lead|
|DS2406P+T&R||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Thin Small-Outline C-Lead|
|Wafer Fabrication Data||DS2406 Reliability Data|
Select a model from the dropdown below to subscribe to PCN/PDN notifications and view past notifications as well.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
A Sample link will be shown above, next to the part, only for parts that are included in our sample program. Selecting the Sample button will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.