Features and Benefits
- 32KB EEPROM Organized as Pages of 64 Bytes Each
- Optional Password Protection with Different 64-Bit Passwords for Read and Full Access
- Communicates to Host with a Single Digital Signal at Up to 15.3kbps at Standard Speed or Up to 125kbps in Overdrive Mode Using 1-Wire Protocol
- Operating Range: 2.8V to 5.25V, -40°C to +85°C
- Minimum 100k Write Cycles Endurance
- 15kV Built-in ESD Protection
- Unique Factory-Lasered 64-Bit Registration Number Assures Error-Free Device Selection and Absolute Traceability Because No Two Parts are Alike
- Built-In Multidrop Controller for 1-Wire Net
- Chip-Based Data Carrier Stores Digital Identification and Information, Armored in a Durable Stainless-Steel Case
- Data can be Accessed While Affixed to Object
- Button Shape is Self-Aligning with Cup-Shaped Probes
- Easily Affixed with Self-Stick Adhesive Backing, Latched by its Flange, or Locked with a Ring Pressed onto its Rim
- Presence Detector Acknowledges when Reader First Applies Voltage
The iButton® 32KB EEPROM (DS1977) provides password protected access to data, both for read-only and full access. Data is transferred serially through the 1-Wire® protocol, which requires only a single data lead and a ground return. Every DS1977 is factory lasered with a guaranteed unique 64-bit registration number that allows for absolute traceability. The durable stainless-steel iButton package is highly resistant to environmental hazards such as dirt, moisture, and shock. Accessories permit the DS1977 to be mounted on almost any object, including containers, pallets, and bags.
- Audit Data Storage and Carrier
- Health Data Carrier
- Maintenance/Inspection Data Storage
- Medical Data Carrier
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
DS1977 Reliability Data1/12/2023
iButton Data Loggers5/17/2019
1-Wire Software Resource Guide Device Description7/8/2008
How to Power the Extended Features of 1-Wire® Devices6/17/2008
Software Methods to Achieve Robust 1-Wire® Communication in iButton® Applications9/11/2007
What Is an iButton Device?5/17/2006
Guidelines for Reliable Long Line 1-Wire Networks11/16/2001
1-Wire File Structure7/11/2001
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.