Features and Benefits
- Meets BPON, GPON, and GEPON Timing Requirements for Burst-Mode Transceivers
- Bias Current Control Provided by APC Loop with Tracking Error Compensation
- Modulation Current Is Controlled by a Temperature-Indexed Lookup Table
- Supports 0dB, -3dB, -6dB Power Leveling Settings with No Additional Calibration
- Internal Direct-to-Digital Temperature Sensor
- Five Analog Monitor Channels: Temperature, VCC, MON1, MON2, and MON3
- Comprehensive Fault Management System with Maskable Laser Shutdown Capability
- Two-Level Password Access to Protect Calibration Data
- 120 Bytes of Password 1 (PW1) Protected Nonvolatile Memory
- 128 Bytes of Password 2 (PW2) Protected Nonvolatile Memory
- I²C-Compatible Interface for Calibration and Monitoring
- Operating Voltage: 2.85V to 3.9V
- Operating Temperature: -40°C to +95°C
- 16-Pin, Lead-Free TSSOP Package
The DS1863 controls and monitors all the burst-mode transmitter and video receiver biasing functions for a passive optical network (PON) transceiver. It has an APC loop with tracking-error compensation that provides the reference for the laser driver's bias current and a temperature-indexed lookup table (LUT) that controls the modulation current. It continually monitors for high output current, high bias current, and low and high transmit power with its internal fast comparators to ensure that laser shutdown for eye safety requirements are met without adding external components. Five ADC channels monitor VCC, internal temperature, and three external monitor inputs (MON1, MON2, MON3) that can be used to meet transmitter and receive monitoring requirements.
- BPON, GPON, and GEPON Burst-Mode Transmitters
- Broadband Local Access
- Laser Control and Monitoring
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Documentation & Resources
DS1863 Reliability Data1/12/2023
DS1863 Companion Parts
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.View our quality and reliability program and certifications for more information.
|Part Number||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Pin/Package Drawing||CAD Symbols, Footprints & 3D Models|
|DS1863E+||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Thin Shrink Small-Outline Package|
|DS1863E+T&R||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Thin Shrink Small-Outline Package|
|Wafer Fabrication Data||DS1863 Reliability Data|
Select a model from the dropdown below to subscribe to PCN/PDN notifications and view past notifications as well.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
A Sample link will be shown above, next to the part, only for parts that are included in our sample program. Selecting the Sample button will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.