Features and Benefits
- SFF-8472 MSA Compatible
- Five Monitored Channels (Temperature, VCC, MON1, MON2, MON3)
- Three External Analog Inputs (MON1, MON2, MON3) Support Internal and External Calibration
- Enhanced RSSI Monitoring (26dB Range, 0.5dB Accuracy)
- Scalable Dynamic Range for External Analog Inputs
- Internal Direct-to-Digital Temperature Sensor Alarm and Warning Flags for All Monitored Channels
- Two Linear 8-Bit Current-Sink DACs
- Two User-Selectable Full-Scale Ranges (0.5mA or 1.5mA)
- Values Changeable Every 2°C
- Three Fast-Trip Comparators (Tx Power High, Tx Power Low, and Bias Current) for Eye Safety
- Flexible, Two Level Password Scheme Provides Three Levels of Security
- Provides All Optional and Required SFF-8472 MSA EEPROM (Both A0h and A2h Memory)
- I²C-Compatible Serial Interface
- Operates from a 3.3V or 5V Supply
- -40°C to +95°C Operating Temperature Range
- 28-Pin TQFN Package (5mm x 5mm)
The DS1864 is an SFF-8472 multisource agreement (MSA)-compliant laser controller/monitor that is ideal for SFP optical-transceiver module designs. It controls laser driver bias and modulation currents through a pair of temperature-controlled current-sink DACs. System diagnostics are provided by monitoring three analog inputs, VCC, and temperature through the internal temperature sensor. The device also contains all EEPROM required by the SFF-8472 MSA, including all A0h and A2h EEPROM. The DS1864's memory map can be configured to be compatible with both the DS1852/DS1856 and the DS1859 memory maps. Additionally, memory is secured with customer-configurable two-level password protection.
Eye-safety features are integrated by three fast-trip comparators that monitor transmit-power high, transmit-power low, and bias current. The fast-trip comparators drive a FET driver output to disable the laser in the case of eye safety violation.
With its integrated laser driver control, system diagnostics, eye-safety features, and internal temperature sensor, the DS1864 provides an ideal solution for SFP optical transceiver modules by improving system performance, reducing board space, and simplifying design.
- Laser Control and Monitoring
- SFP Optical Transceiver Modules
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Documentation & Resources
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.