Features and Benefits
- Improves Reliability of Processor Operation
- Temperature-Compensated Voltage Monitor for Precise, Automated Power-Fail Detection
- Automatically Restarts a Microprocessor After Power Failure
- Maintains Reset for 150ms After VCC Returns to Tolerance for Processor Stabilization
- Monitors Pushbutton for External Override
- Active-Low Reset Output
- Efficient Open-Drain Output with Internal 5.5kΩ Pullup Resistor Saves Power and Space
- 35µA (max) Quiescent Current
- Allows for Easy Design with No Complicated Settings
- Fixed 3.3V Reset Threshold
- 5%, 10%, and 20% Tolerance Versions Available
- Operates in Most Commercial and Industrial Environments
- -40°C to +85°C Operating Temperature Range
- MXD1818 Offers Improved Performance over the DS1818
The DS1813 (5V) and DS1818 (3.3V) EconoResets are simple three-pin voltage monitors and power-on resets that hold reset for 150ms for stabilization after power returns to tolerance. The voltage monitor uses precision temperature reference and comparator circuits that detect out-of-tolerance conditions and generate an active low reset. The DS1818 has an open-drain output with an internal 5.5kΩ pull-up resistor for use in a wired-AND circuit. The DS1818 also monitors a pushbutton on the reset output, generating a reset when the pushbutton is released.
EconoResets replace discrete components and save space, particularly in the new SOT-23 package. They can benefit any system that requires reliable processor operation, especially consumer products like printers, HVAC, energy management, cellular telephones, PDAs, and set-top boxes.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
DS1818 Reliability Data1/12/2023
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.