Features and Benefits
- Records the Total Time that the Event Input has Been Active and the Number of Events that have Occurred
- 32-Bit, Nonvolatile, Elapsed Time Counter (ETC) Monitors Event Duration with Quarter-Second Resolution and Provides 34 Years of Total Time Accumulation
- Programmable Elapsed Time Active-Low ALARM Output
- Nonvolatile 17-Bit Event Counter Records the Total Number of Times an Event has Occurred
- Calibrated, Temperature-Compensated RC Time Base Accurate to 2% Typical
- 10 Bytes of EEPROM User Memory
- Write Disable Function to Prevent the Memory from Being Changed or Erased
- 2-Wire Serial Communication
- Wide 2.5V to 5.5V Power-Supply Range
- Useful in Time-of-Use Warranty, Calibration, Repair, and Maintenance Applications
The DS1682 is an integrated elapsed-time recorder containing a factory-calibrated, temperature-compensated RC time base that eliminates the need for an external crystal. Using EEPROM technology to maintain data in the absence of power, the DS1682 requires no backup power source. The DS1682 detects and records the number of events on the EVENT pin and the total cumulative event time since the DS1682 was last reset to 0. The active-low ALARM pin alerts the user when the total time accumulated equals the user-programmed alarm value. The polarity of the open-drain active-low ALARM pin can be programmed to either drive low or to become high impedance upon an alarm condition. The DS1682 is ideal for applications that monitor the total amount of time that a device has been in operation and/or the number of uses since inception of service, repair, or the last calibration.
- Any System Where Time-of-Use is Important (Warranty Tracking)
- High-Temp, Rugged, Industrial Applications Where Vibration or Shock Could Damage a Quartz Crystal
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
DS1682 Reliability Data1/12/2023
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.