Features and Benefits
- Enhanced Second Source for the ST M41T00
- Completely Manages All Timekeeping Functions
- RTC Counts Seconds, Minutes, Hours, Day, Date, Month, and Year
- Software Clock Calibration
- Oscillator Stop Flag
- Low-Power Operation Extends Battery Backup Run Time
- Low Timekeeping Voltage Down to 1.3V
- Automatic Power-Fail Detect and Switch Circuitry
- Trickle-Charge Capability
- Three Operating Voltage Ranges (1.8V, 3V, and 3.3V) Supports Systems Using Legacy and Modern Power Buses
- Surface-Mount Package with an Integrated Crystal (DS1340C) Saves Additional Space and Simplifies Design
- Simple Serial Port Interfaces with Most Microcontrollers
- Fast (400kHz) I2C Interface
- 8-Pin µSOP or SO Package Minimizes Required Space
- Underwriters Laboratories (UL®) Recognized
The DS1340 is a real-time clock (RTC)/calendar that is pin compatible and functionally equivalent to the ST M41T00, including the software clock calibration. The device additionally provides trickle-charge capability on the VBACKUP pin, a lower timekeeping voltage, and an oscillator STOP flag. Block access of the register map is identical to the ST device. Two additional registers, which are accessed individually, are required for the trickle charger and flag. The clock/calendar provides seconds, minutes, hours, day, date, month, and year information. A built-in power-sense circuit detects power failures and automatically switches to the backup supply. The device is programmed serially through an I²C bidirectional bus.
- Medical Equipment
- Point-of-Sale Equipment
- Portable Instrumentation
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.