Features and Benefits
- Incorporates HDMI v.1.4 features 3D video support
- 165 MHz supports all video formats up to 1080p and UXGA
- Supports gamut metadata packet transmission
- Integrated CEC buffer/controller
- Compatible with DVI v.1.0 and HDCP v.1.3
- Video/audio inputs accept logic levels from 1.8 V to 3.3 V
- 3D video ready
- Programmable two-way color space converter
- Supports RGB, YCbCr, and DDR
- Supports ITU656-based embedded syncs
- Automatic input video format timing detection (CEA-861-E)
- Supports standard SPDIF for stereo LPCM or compressed audio up to 192 kHz
- High Bit-Rate Audio (HBR)
- 8-channel uncompressed LPCM I2S audio up to 192 kHz
SPECIAL FEATURES FOR EASY SYSTEM DESIGN
- On-chip MPU with I2C master to perform HDCP operations and EDID reading operations
- 5 V tolerant I2C and HPD I/Os, no extra device needed
- No audio master clock needed for supporting SPDIF and I2S
- On-chip MPU reports HDMI events through interrupts and registers
The ADV7511W is a 165 MHz High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI™) transmitter, which is ideal for automotive infotainment applications.
The digital video interface contains an HDMI v1.4a and a DVI v.1.0-compatible transmitter, and supports HDTV formats up to 1080p60 and graphics resolutions up to UXGA at 60Hz. The ADV7511W supports HDMI v1.4a features including extended colorimetry, high bit rate audio and 3D video. With the inclusion of high-bandwidth digital content protection (HDCP), the ADV7511W allows the secure transmission of protected content as specified by the HDCP v.1.4 protocol.
The ADV7511W supports both SPDIF and 8-channel I2S audio. Its high fidelity 8-channel I2S can transmit either stereo or 7.1 surround audio up to 768 kHz. The SPDIF can carry compressed audio including Dolby® Digital, DTS®, and THX®. Fabricated in an advanced CMOS process, the ADV7511W is provided in a 64-lead LQFP surface-mount plastic package with exposed paddle and is specified over the -40°C to +105°C temperature range.
- Automotive Infotainment
- Head units
- DVD players
- Ruggedized PCs
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
This is a board for evaluating the combination the ADV7612 HDMI receiver and the ADV7511 HDMI transmitter. It has dual HDMI inputs and HDMI output. There is a Blackfin BF524 on the board which is a controller and can be used for audio processing between input and output. The video and audio bus is jumper-able so any of the parts can be evaluated by themselves or with customer hardware in between. Evaluation software is available. Documentation on how to alter jumpers and Scripts are available that will make ADV7612 work like ADV7611 and ADV7511 work like ADV7513.
Customers wishing to order the EVAL-ADV7612-7511 or the EVAL-ADV7612-7511P must be HDMI adopters listed at HDMI.org. Customers wishing to order the EVAL-ADV7612-7511 must also be HDCP licensees.
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.