Features and Benefits
- 1.8V/3.3V interface support
- 74.25 MHz 20-/30-bit high definition input support
- Compliant with SMPTE 274 M (1080i), 296 M (720p), and 240 M (1035i)
- 6 Noise Shaped Video (NSV)12-bit video DACs
- NTSC M, PAL B/D/G/H/I/M/N, PAL 60 support
- NTSC and PAL square pixel operation (24.54 MHz/29.5 MHz) video input support
- Multiformat video output support Composite (CVBS) and S-Video (Y/C) Component YPrPb (SD, ED, and HD) Component RGB (SD, ED, and HD)
- Macrovision® Rev 7.1.L1 (SD) and Rev 1.2 (ED) compliant
- Simultaneous SD and ED/HD operation
- EIA/CEA-861B compliance support
- Programmable features Luma and chroma filter responses
- Copy generation management system (CGMS)
The ADV7340/ADV7341 are high speed, digital-to-analog video encoders in a 64-lead LQFP package. Six high speed, NSV, 3.3 V, 12-bit video DACs provide support for composite (CVBS), S-Video (Y/C), and component (YPrPb/RGB) analog outputs in either standard definition (SD), enhanced definition (ED), or high definition (HD) video formats.
The ADV7340/ADV7341 each have a 30-bit pixel input port that can be configured in a variety of ways. SD video formats are supported over a SDR interface and ED/HD video formats are supported over SDR and DDR interfaces. Pixel data can be supplied in either the YCrCb or RGB color spaces.
The parts also support embedded EAV/SAV timing codes, external video synchronization signals, and the I2C communication protocol.
In addition, simultaneous SD and ED/HD input and output are supported. 216 MHz (SD and ED) and 297 MHz (HD) oversampling ensures that external output filtering is not required, while full-drive DACs ensure that external output buffering is not required.
Cable detection and DAC auto power-down features keep power consumption to a minimum.
- DVD recorders and players
- High definition Blu-ray DVD players
- HD-DVD players
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Evaluation Kits (1)
This page provides documentation and ordering information for the ADV7340 Multi-format Video Encoder Six 12-Bit Noise Shaped Video DAC evaluation board.
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.