Features and Benefits
- 30 A peak short circuit (typ) drive output
- 20 A peak drive current (typ) in typical application
- Output power device resistance < 0.4Ω
- 1500 V peak and dc working voltage to DIN V VDE 0884-11
- Slew rate control via SPI interface
- Low propagation delay (140 ns typ)
- 60 ns Minimum Pulse Width
- Bi-polar and Uni-polar secondary side supply capability
- VDD1: 4.4 V to 7 V
- VDD2-GND2: 12 V to 24 V
- GND2-VSS2: 0 V to -5.5 V
- Protection Features:
- DESAT – SiC drain sense, 7 V (typ) threshold
- Programmable internal DESAT blanking time
- ASC pin, secondary side driver turn-on control, 8 V (typ) threshold
- External Miller Clamp
- Soft-shutdown, 1 μs capability, adjustable with external resistor
- VDD2-VSS2 OVP and programmable VDD2-VSS2 UVP
- GND2-VSS2 OVP and UVP
- Isolated Fault differentiation through fault reporting pins
- SiC Switch Isolated Temperature Sense
- 1 kHz PWM, and SPI register read
- Temperature sense diode stack
- Compatible with NTC using external resistor network
- SPI Interface
- Non-volatile EEPROM registers for configurability
- Fault reporting information
- Operating junction temperature range (-40 to 150ºC)
The ADuM4177 is an advanced isolated gate driver that provides 5 kVrms isolation employing Analog Devices, Inc. iCouper® technology. The ADuM4177 provides 8.3 mm creepage in a 28-pin wide body SOIC package. The devices are suitable for applications that require insulation against working voltages of 1060 V rms and 1500 V dc for the lifetime of the device. Combining high speed CMOS and monolithic transformer technology, these isolated gate drivers provide outstanding performance characteristics suitable for driving the demanding needs of high performance Silicon Carbide (SiC) switches. SPI communication allows for user programmable operating modes and fault read back.
The ADuM4177 operates with an input voltage range from 4.4 to 7 V. The output voltages can operate with bipolar gate drive of 12 to 24 V positive and -5.5 to -3.25 V for the negative rail. Multiple programmable undervoltage lockout (UVLO) levels can be obtained through SPI communication with the gate driver. In comparison to gate drivers employing high voltage level translation methodologies, the ADuM4177 offers the benefit of true, galvanic isolation between the input and the output.
The ADuM4177 includes many advanced protection features such as the drain monitoring desaturation detection, an active short circuit (ASC) operation, external temperature sensing, and both over voltage protection (OVP) and undervoltage protection (UVP).
Adjustable slew rate control is available to allow for faster edge transitions and higher efficiency when the system operating point can accommodate it. An external miller clamp allows for strong pull-down to prevent unintended Miller injection induced turn on. The ADuM4177 can operate in a wide range of junction temperatures, from -40 to 150⁰C.
As a result, the ADuM4177 provides reliable control over the switching characteristics of SiC switch configurations over a wide range of switching voltages.
- Switching power supplies
- SiC gate drivers
- Industrial inverters
- Power Factor Correctors
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Pre-Release
This product is new and engineering validation may still be underway. Quantities may be limited and design specifications may change while we ready the product for release to production.
3rd Party Solutions (1)
Product Selection Guide (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.