Features and Benefits
- High precision ADCs
- Dual-channel, simultaneous sampling
- IADC 20-bit Σ-Δ (minimizes range switching)
- VADC/TADC 20-bit Σ-Δ
- Programmable ADC conversion rate from 4 Hz to 8 kHz
- On-chip ±5 ppm/°C voltage reference
- Current channel
- Fully differential, buffered input
- Programmable gain (from 4 to 512)
- ADC absolute input range: −200 mV to +300 mV
- Digital comparator with current accumulator feature
- Voltage channel
- Buffered, on-chip attenuator for 12 V battery input
- Temperature channel
- External and on-chip temperature sensor options
- Arm Cortex-M3 32-bit processor
- 16.384 MHz precision oscillator with 1% accuracy (high precision)
- Serial wire debug (SWD) port supporting code download and debug
- Automotive qualified integrated LIN transceiver
- LIN 2.2-compatible slave, 100 kbaud fast download option
- SAE J2602-compatible slave
- Low electromagnetic emissions
- High electromagnetic immunity
- 96 kB programmable Flash/EE memory (ADuCM330WFS), ECC
- 128 kB programmable Flash/EE memory (ADuCM331WFS), ECC
- 10 kB SRAM, ECC
- 4 kB data Flash/EE memory, ECC
- 10,000 cycle Flash/EE endurance
- 20 year Flash/EE retention
- In circuit download via SWD and LIN
- On-chip peripherals
- GPIO port
- General-purpose timer
- Wake-up timer
- Watchdog timer
- On-chip, power-on reset
- Operates directly from 12 V battery supply
- Power consumption, 8 mA typical (16 MHz) at TA = −40°C to +115°C
- Low power monitor mode
- Package and temperature range
- 6 mm × 6 mm, 32-lead LFCSP
- Fully specified for −40°C to +115°C operation; additional specifications for 115°C to 125°C
- AEC-Q100 qualified for automotive applications
- Developed for use in ISO 26262 applications for ASIL Capability B
The ADuCM330WFS/ADuCM331WFS are fully integrated, 8 kHz data acquisition systems that incorporate dual, high performance, multichannel, Σ-Δ analog-to-digital converters (ADCs), a 32-bit Arm® Cortex™-M3 processor, and flash. The ADuCM330WFS has 96 kB Flash/EE memory, and the ADuCM331WFS has 128 kB Flash/EE memory. Both devices have 4 kB data flash. Error correction code (ECC) is available on all flash and SRAM memories.
The ADuCM330WFS/ADuCM331WFS are complete system solutions for battery monitoring in 12 V automotive applications.
The ADuCM330WFS/ADuCM331WFS integrate all features required to precisely and intelligently monitor, process, and diagnose 12 V battery parameters including battery current, voltage, and temperature over a wide range of operating conditions.
Minimizing external system components, the devices are powered directly from a 12 V battery. On-chip, low dropout (LDO) regulators generate the supply voltage for two integrated Σ-Δ ADCs. The ADCs precisely measure battery current, voltage, and temperature to characterize the state of the health and the charge of the car battery.
The devices operate from an on-chip, 16.384 MHz high frequency oscillator that supplies the system clock that is routed through a programmable clock divider, from which the core clock operating frequency is generated. The devices also contain a 32 kHz oscillator for low power operation.
The analog subsystem consists of an ADC with a programmable gain amplifier (PGA) that allows the monitoring of various current and voltage ranges. The analog subsystem also includes an on-chip precision reference.
The ADuCM330WFS/ADuCM331WFS integrate a range of on-chip peripherals that can be configured under core software control as required in the application. These peripherals include a serial port interface (SPI) serial input/output communication controller, six general-purpose input/output (GPIO) pins, one general-purpose timer, a wake-up timer, and a watchdog timer. See the ADuCM330WFS/ADuCM331WFS Hardware Reference Manual for more information.
The ADuCM330WFS/ADuCM331WFS are designed to operate in battery-powered applications where low power operation is critical. The microcontroller core can be configured in normal operating mode, resulting in an overall system current consumption of 18.5 mA when all peripherals are active. The devices can also be configured in a number of low power operating modes under direct program control, consuming <100 μA.
The ADuCM330WFS/ADuCM331WFS include a local interconnect network (LIN) physical interface for single-wire, high voltage communications in automotive environments. The LIN transceiver is compliant to LIN 2.2 and Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) J2602-2.
The devices operate from an external 3.6 V to 19 V (on VDD, Pin 26) voltage supply and are specified over the −40°C to +115°C temperature range, with additional typical specifications at +115°C to +125°C.
The information in this data sheet is relevant for Silicon Revision P60.
The ADuCM330WFS/ADuCM331WFS are developed for use in ISO 26262 applications for Automotive Safety Integrity Level Capability B (ASIL B). The ADuCM330WFS/ADuCM331WFS are low electromagnetic emissions and high electromagnetic immunity devices.
Multifunction pin names may be referenced by the relevant function only.
- Battery sensing and management for automotive and light mobility vehicles
- Lead acid battery measurement for power supplies in industrial and medical domains
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Tools & Simulations
Download this file to add support for the ADuCM330WFS and ADuCM331WFS to Keil uVision.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.