Features and Benefits
- 13-Bit Temperature-to-Digital Converter
- -40°C to +150°C Operating Temperature Range
- ±0.5°C Typical Accuracy, ±1°C Max Accuracy
- Shutdown Current of 1 µA
- Power dissipation of 0.631 mW at VDD = 3.3 V
- SPI- and DSP-Compatible Serial Interface
- Shutdown Mode
- Space-Saving SOT-23 and MSOP Packages
- Pin-Compatible with the AD7814 Applications
The ADT7301 is a complete temperature monitoring system in SOT-23 and MSOP packages. It contains a band gap temperature sensor and a 13-bit ADC to monitor and digitize the temperature reading to a resolution of 0.03125°C.
The ADT7301 has a flexible serial interface that allows easy interfacing to most microcontrollers. The interface is compatible with SPI™, QSPI and MICROWIRE™ protocol and is also compatible with DSPs. The part features a standby mode that is controlled via the serial interface. The ADT7301's wide supply voltage range, low supply current and SPI-compatible interface, make it ideal for a variety of applications, including personal computers, office equipment, automotive and domestic appliances. The ADT7301 is rated for operation over the −40°C to +150°C temperature range. It is not recommended to operate the device at temperatures above +125°C for greater than a total of 5% (5,000 hours) of the lifetime of the device. Exposure beyond this limit affects device reliability.
- On-chip temperature sensor that allows an accurate measurement of the ambient temperature. The measurable temperature range is −40°C to +150°C.
- Supply voltage of 2.7 V to 5.25 V.
- Space-saving 6-lead SOT-23 and 8-lead MSOP packages.
- Typical temperature accuracy of ±0.5°C.
- 13-bit temperature reading to 0.03125°C resolution.
- Shutdown mode that reduces the power consumption to 4.88 μW with VDD = 3.3 V @ 1 SPS.
- Compatible with AD7814.
- Medical equipment
- Cellular phones
- Hard disk drives
- Personal computers
- Electronic test equipment
- Office equipment
- Domestic appliances
- Process control
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADT7301 evaluation board allows the ADT7301 digital temperature sensor to be quickly and easily evaluated using a PC. Using the evaluation board and its accompanying software, the ADT7301 evaluation board can be interfaced to a PC through its USB connection. The drivers will work on 32-bit Windows 7 machines.
Please note: This Evaluation software does not run on Windows 8 or Windows 10 (USB driver is non-compliant with OS >Windows 7).
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.