Features and Benefits
- Wide input voltage range: 2.7V to 15.0 V
- 700 nA quiescent current when EN1 = SYNC/MODE = low
- ±1.5% output accuracy over full temperature range in PWM mode
- 600 kHz (or 1.2 MHz) switching frequency with optional synchronization input from 400 kHz to 1.4 MHz
- Channel 1: 800 mA buck regulator
- Automatic PSM/PWM or forced PWM mode via factory fuse
- 100% duty cycle operation mode
- Adjustable/fixed output options via factory fuse
- Power-good flag
- Channel 2: ultralow power buck regulator
- Selectable hysteresis or PWM operation mode
- Output current up to 50 mA in hysteresis mode, 300 mA in PWM mode with 100% duty cycle operation mode
- Low noise at 0.8 V reference in PWM mode
- Adjustable/fixed output voltage options via factory fuse
- Channel 3: high-side load switch
- Low RDS(ON) of 494 mΩ at VOUT3 = 2.5 V
- Quick output discharge (QOD) option
- UVLO, OCP, and TSD protection
- 16-lead TSSOP_EP package
- −40°C to +125°C operational junction temperature
The ADP5310 combines dual buck regulators and one load switch in a 16-lead TSSOP_EP package that meets demanding performance and board space requirements. The device enables direct connection to a wide input voltage range of 2.7 V to 15.0 V, allowing the use of multiple alkaline/NiMH or lithium cells and other power sources.
The buck regulator in Channel 1 uses a current mode, constant frequency pulse-width modulation (PWM) control scheme for excellent stability and transient performance, which provides up to 800 mA of output current. The automatic PWM/pulse skipping mode (PSM) control scheme achieves excellent efficiency in light output current. A power-good signal indicates that the output of Channel 1 is within 92% of its nominal value.
An ultralow power buck regulator is integrated in Channel 2 with the SYNC/MODE pin to control its operation mode. When SYNC/MODE is set to low, the buck regulator operates in hysteresis mode, which draws only 700 nA of quiescent current to regulate the output under zero load and provides up to 50 mA of output current. Hysteresis mode helps achieve excellent efficiency at less than 1 mW and can work as a keep-alive power supply in a batterypowered system. When the SYNC/MODE pin is set to high, the buck regulator switches to a traditional constant frequency PWM control scheme to provide low output ripple for noise sensitive applications, and the buck regulator provides up to 300 mA of output current in PWM mode.
Channel 3 integrates a high-side load switch that operates from 1.65 V to 5.5 V with its input connected to the output of Channel 2. The load switch provides power domain isolation and extends battery operation time.
Other key safety features of the ADP5310 include overcurrent protection (OCP), thermal shutdown (TSD), and input undervoltage lockout (UVLO). The ADP5310 is rated for the −40°C to +125°C junction temperature range.
- Energy (gas and water) metering
- Portable and battery-powered equipment
- Medical applications
- Keep-alive power supplies
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADP5310 is a 2-channel synchronous, step-down dc-to-dc regulator with a load switch in a 16-lead TSSOP package. The ADP5310 runs from input voltages of 2.7 V to 15.0 V and requires minimal external components to provide a high efficiency solution with an integrated power switch, synchronous rectifier, and internal compensation.
The ADP5310 evaluation board provides an easy way to evaluate the device. UG-824 describes how to quickly set up the board to collect performance data.
Complete information about the ADP5310 is available in the ADP5310 data sheet. It is recommended that the ADP5310 data sheet be consulted in conjunction with UG-824 when using the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- 700 nA ultralow quiescent current
- Channel 1: 800 mA maximum load current
- Channel 2: 50 mA maximum load current in hysteresis mode, 300 mA maximum load current in pulse-width modulation (PWM) mode
- Channel 3: low RDS(ON) of 494 mΩ at VOUT3 = 2.5 V
- ±1.5% output accuracy over temperature range
- Input voltage range: 2.7 V to 15.0 V
- Integrated high-side and low-side metal-oxide semiconductor field effect transistor (MOSFET)
Documentation & Resources
New Advances in Energy Harvesting Power Conversion9/1/2015 Analog Dialogue
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.View our quality and reliability program and certifications for more information.
|Part Number||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Pin/Package Drawing||CAD Symbols, Footprints & 3D Models|
|ADP5310AREZN-2.8R7||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||16-Lead TSSOP w/ EP|
|ADP5310AREZN-255R7||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||16-Lead TSSOP w/ EP|
|ADP5310AREZN-3.3R7||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||16-Lead TSSOP w/ EP|
|ADP5310AREZN-R7||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||16-Lead TSSOP w/ EP|
|Wafer Fabrication Data|
Select a model from the dropdown below to subscribe to PCN/PDN notifications and view past notifications as well.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.