Features and Benefits
- Input voltage range: 2.3 V to 5.5 V
- Two 800 mA buck regulators
- Tiny, 16-ball, 2 mm × 2 mm WLCSP package
- Regulator accuracy: ±1.8%
- Factory programmable or external adjustable VOUTx
- 3 MHz buck operation with forced PWM and auto PWM/PSM modes
- BUCK1/BUCK2: output voltage range from 0.6 V to 3.8 V
The ADP5133 combines two high performance buck regulators in a tiny, 16-ball, 2 mm × 2 mm WLCSP to meet demanding performance and board space requirements.
The high switching frequency of the buck regulators enables tiny multilayer external components and minimizes the board space. When the MODE pin is set high, the buck regulators operate in forced PWM mode. When the MODE pin is set low and the buck regulators operate in PWM mode, the load current is above a predefined threshold. When the load current falls below a predefined threshold, the regulators operate in power save mode (PSM), improving the light load efficiency.
The two bucks operate out of phase to reduce the input capacitor requirement and noise.
The regulators in the ADP5133 are activated through dedicated enable pins. The output voltages can be externally set through a resistor feedback network.
- Power for processors, ASICs, FPGAs, and RF chipsets
- Portable instrumentation and medical devices
- Space constrained devices
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The hardware for the evaluation of the ADP5133 and includes detailed schematics and PCB layouts. The ADP5133 is available in a 16-ball, 2mm × 2mm WLCSP package.
The ADP5133 evaluation board enables evaluation of the ADP5133 dual step-down regulator. The evaluation board is available in standard voltage options.
- Full-featured evaluation board for the ADP5133
- Simple device measurements, including line and load regulation, demonstrable with
- A single voltage supply
- A current meter
- Load resistors
- Easy access to external components
- Dedicated enable option for each channel
- Mode option to change bucks from PSM to PWM operation
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.