Features and Benefits
- Input supply voltage range: 2.85 V to 5.5 V
- Generates well regulated, independently resistor programmable VPOS and VNEG outputs
- Boost regulator to generate VPOS output
- Adjustable positive output to 35 V
- Integrated 2.0 A main switch
- Inverting regulator to generate VNEG output
- Adjustable negative output to −30 V
- Integrated 1.20 A main switch
- 1.2 MHz or 2.4 MHz switching frequency with optional external frequency synchronization from 1.0 MHz to 2.6 MHz
- Resistor programmable soft start timer
- Slew rate control for lower system noise
- Individual precision enable and flexible start-up sequence control for symmetric start, VPOS first, or VNEG first
- Out of phase operation
- UVLO, OCP, OVP, and TSD protection
- 1.61 mm × 2.18 mm, 20-ball WLCSP
- −40°C to +125°C junction temperature range
The ADP5076 is a dual, high performance, dc-to-dc regulator that generates independently regulated positive and negative rails. The input voltage range of 2.85 V to 5.5 V supports a wide variety of applications. The integrated main switch in both regulators enables generation of an adjustable positive output voltage up to +35 V and a negative output voltage down to −30 V.
The ADP5076 operates at a pin selected 1.2 MHz or 2.4 MHz switching frequency. The ADP5076 can synchronize with an external oscillator from 1.0 MHz to 2.6 MHz to ease noise filtering in sensitive applications. Both regulators implement programmable slew rate control circuitry for the metal-oxide semiconductor field effect transistor (MOSFET) driver stage to reduce electromagnetic interference (EMI). Flexible start-up sequencing is provided with the options of manual enable, simultaneous mode, positive supply first, and negative supply first.
The ADP5076 includes a fixed internal or resistor programmable soft start timer to prevent inrush current at power-up.
Other key safety features in the ADP5076 include overcurrent protection (OCP), overvoltage protection (OVP), thermal shutdown (TSD), and input undervoltage lockout (UVLO).
The ADP5076 is available in a 20-ball wafer level chip scale package (WLCSP) and is rated for a −40°C to +125°C junction temperature range.
- Bipolar amplifiers, ADCs, DACs, and multiplexers
- Charge coupled device (CCD) bias supply
- Optical module supply RF power amplifier bias
- Time of flight module supply
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADP5076CB-EVALZ evaluation board demonstrates the functionality of the ADP5076 dc-to-dc converter. The ADP5076 is a dual high performance dc to dc regulator that generates independently regulated positive and negative rails. Use the board to evaluate simple device measurements, such as line regulation, load regulation, and efficiency. Device features can be demonstrated, such as selectable switching frequency (see Figure 2 for more details), soft start, sequencing, and slew rate control.
For more details about the ADP5076, refer to the ADP5076 data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- Input supply voltage range: 3 V to 5.5 V
- Output voltage: ±15 V
- Output current: up to 480 mA (VPOS), up to 200 mA (VNEG), depending on VIN
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.