Features and Benefits
- Main input voltage range: 2.3 V to 5.5 V
- Two 800 mA buck regulators and one 300 mA LDO
- 24-lead, 4 mm × 4 mm LFCSP package
- Regulator accuracy: ±1.8%
- Factory programmable or external adjustable VOUTx
- 3 MHz buck operation with forced PWM and auto PWM/PSM modes
- BUCK1/BUCK2: output voltage range from 0.8 V to 3.8 V
- LDO: output voltage range from 0.8 V to 5.2 V
- LDO: input supply voltage from 1.7 V to 5.5 V
- LDO: high PSRR and low output noise
The ADP5023 combines two high performance buck regulators and one low dropout (LDO) regulator in a small, 24-lead 4 mm × 4 mm LFCSP to meet demanding performance and board space requirements.
The high switching frequency of the buck regulators enables tiny multilayer external components and minimizes the board space. When the MODE pin is set high, the buck regulators operate in forced PWM mode. When the MODE pin is set low, the buck regulators operate in PWM mode when the load current is above a predefined threshold. When the load current falls below a predefined threshold, the regulator operates in power save mode (PSM) improving the light-load efficiency.
The two bucks operate out of phase to reduce the input capacitor requirement. The low quiescent current, low dropout voltage, and wide input voltage range of the ADP5023 LDO extends the battery life of portable devices. The ADP5023 LDO maintains power supply rejection greater than 60 dB for frequencies as high as 10 kHz while operating with a low headroom voltage.
Regulators in the ADP5023 are activated though dedicated enable pins. The default output voltages can be externally set in the adjustable version or factory programmable to a wide range of preset values in the fixed voltage version.
- Power for processors, ASIC, FPGAs, and RF chipsets
- Portable instrumentation and medical devices
- Space constrained devices
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The ADP5023 is available in a 24-lead, 4 mm × 4 mm LFCSP package. The ADP5023/ADP5024 are 3-channel devices that share a common PCB evaluation board.
The ADP5023 evaluation board, ADP5023CP-EVALZ, has two step-down regulators with two LDO regulators that enable evaluation of the ADP5023. The evaluation board is available in an adjustable voltage option.
For full details on the ADP5023, consult the product data sheet in conjunction with this evaluation board user guide.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation boards for the ADP5023
- Standalone capability
- Simple device measurements, including line and load regulation, demonstrable with
- A single voltage supply
- A voltmeter
- An ammeter
- Load resistors
- Easy access to external components
- Cascading options to supply the low dropout (LDO) regulator from either buck regulator
- Dedicated enable option for each channel
- Mode option to change buck regulators from power save mode (PSM) to pulse-width modulation (PWM) operation
The AD-96TOF1-EBZ is a proven hardware platform for depth perception. When paired with processor board from the 96Boards eco system, it can be used for 3D software and algorithm development. While the software and algorithms are being developed, the hardware design can be leveraged for productization. ADI can suggest 3rd party developers to help customize the platform to meet individual application needs.
Depending on customer preferences and development experience, different 96Boards processor boards can be used for overall system evaluation and custom development. There is also a Raspberry Pi interface available on the Mezzanine board for extra customer flexibility.
This solution offers the ability to be very small and low power while measuring depth at up to 6m distances, good outdoor and indoor performance and VGA resolution.
It can be used for applications like:
- Industrial automation
- SLAM (Simultaneous Localization and Mapping)
- Augmented Reality
- Virtual Reality
- Automotive sensing
Features & Benefits
The ADI ToF system uses a VGA CCD that enables the user to capture a 640x480 depth map of an image, providing up to 4x higher resolution than many other TOF systems on the market. This enables users to detect and measure the distance to smaller and thinner objects that would otherwise be invisible to other ToF systems. More information is included in our ToF technology page.
- Range: <6m
- FoV: 90° x 69.2°
- Wavelength 940nm
- Near: 25cm – 80cm
- Medium: 30cm – 4.5m
- Far: 3m – 6m
- Accuracy < 2% for all ranges
- Frame Rate: 30 fps max (dependent on application processor, OS and interface to host computer)
- Resolution: 640 x 480 pixels
- Multiple interface options to PC (USB, ETH, WiFi)
- ToF specific API for system control & data acquisition
- Operating system for Linux, Windows, Mac
- Complete open source software framework: wrappers for MATLAB®, Python, RobotOS
- Platform allows for software/algorithm development while hardware can be optimized
- 3rd Party network to help modify platform for individual production needs
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.