Features and Benefits
- Low noise, dc power supply system
- High efficiency buck for first stage conversion
- High PSRR, low noise LDO regulator to remove switching ripple
- Adaptive LDO regulator headroom control option for optimal efficiency and PSRR across full load range
- 3 A, low noise, buck regulator
- Wide input voltage range: 4.2 V to 15 V
- Programmable output voltage range: 0.6 V to 5.0 V
- 0.3 MHz to 2.5 MHz internal oscillator
- 0.3 MHz to 2.5 MHz SYNC frequency range
- 3 A, low noise, NFET LDO regulator (active filter)
- Wide input voltage range: 0.65 V to 5 V
- Programmable output voltage range: 0.6 V to 3.3 V
- Differential point of load remote sensing
- 3 μV rms output noise (independent of output voltage)
- PSRR > 50 dB (to 100 kHz) with 400 mV headroom at 3 A
- Ultrafast transient response
- Power-good output
- Precision enable inputs for both the buck regulator and LDO
- −40°C to +125°C operating junction temperature range
- 32-lead, 5 mm × 5 mm, LFCSP
The ADP5003 integrates a high voltage buck regulator and an ultralow noise low dropout (LDO) regulator in a small, 5 mm × 5 mm, 32-lead LFCSP package to provide highly efficient and quiet regulated supplies
The buck regulator is optimized to operate at high output currents up to 3 A. The LDO is capable of a maximum output current of 3 A and operates efficiently with low headroom voltage while maintaining high power supply rejection.
The ADP5003 can operate in one of two modes. Adaptive mode allows the LDO to operate with an optimized headroom by adjusting the buck output voltage internally in response to the LDO load current. Alternatively, the ADP5003 can operate in independent mode, where both regulators operate separately from each other, and where the output voltages are programmed using resistor dividers.
The LDO regulator output can be accurately controlled at the point of load (POL) using remote sensing that compensates for the printed circuit board (PCB) trace impedance while delivering high output currents.
Each regulator is activated via a dedicated precision enable input. The buck switching frequency can be synchronized to an external signal, or programmed with an external resistor.
Safety features in the ADP5003 include thermal shutdown (TSD), input undervoltage lockout (UVLO) and independent current limits for each regulator. The ADP5003 is rated for a −40°C to +125°C operating junction temperature range.
- Low noise power for high speed analog-to-digital converter (ADC) and digital-to-analog converter (DAC) designs
- Powering RF transceivers and clocking ICs
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADP5003CP-EVALZ evaluation board demonstrates the functionality of the ADP5003 dc-to-dc converter and low noise low dropout regulator (LDO).
Use the ADP5003CP-EVALZ to evaluate simple device measurements such as line regulation, load regulation, and efficiency. Device features include the buck regulator in fixed output or in adaptive headroom control and syncing the operating frequency to the external clock.
A full description of the ADP5003 is available in the ADP5003 data sheet and should be consulted when using this evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- PVIN1 input voltage range: 4.2V to 15 V
- Buck output voltage: 2.5 V (programmable from 0.6 V to 5.0V)
- PVIN2 Input voltage range: 0.65 V to 5 V
- LDO output voltage: 1.8 V (programmable from 0.6 V to 3.3 V)
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.