Features and Benefits
- Configurable 3 A/3 A or 3 A/2 A dual-output load combinations or 6 A combined single-output load
- High efficiency: up to 95%
- Input voltage, VIN: 2.75 V to 5.5 V
- Selectable fixed output voltage of 0.8 V, 1.2 V, 1.5 V, 1.8 V, 2.5 V, or 3.3 V, or adjustable output voltage to 0.6 V minimum
- ±1.5% accurate reference voltage
- Selectable switching frequency of 300 kHz, 600 kHz, 1.2 MHz, or synchronized from 200 kHz to 2 MHz
- Optimized gate slew rate for reduced EMI
- External synchronization input or internal clock output
- Dual-phase, 180° phase-shifted PWM channels
- Current mode for fast transient response
- Pulse skip mode with light loads or forced PWM operation
- See data sheet for additional features
The ADP2116 is a versatile, synchronous, step-down switching regulator that satisfies a wide range of customer point-of-load requirements. The two PWM channels can be configured to deliver independent outputs at 3 A and 3 A (or at 3 A and 2 A) or can be configured as a single interleaved output capable of delivering 6 A. The two PWM channels are 180° phase shifted to reduce input ripple current and input capacitance.
The ADP2116 provides high efficiency and can operate at switching frequencies of up to 2 MHz. At light loads, the ADP2116 can be set to operate in pulse skip mode for higher efficiency or in forced PWM mode for noise sensitive applications.
The ADP2116 is designed with an optimized slew rate to reduce EMI emissions, allowing the device to power sensitive, high perfor-mance signal chain circuits. The switching frequency can be set to 300 kHz, 600 kHz, or 1.2 MHz, or it can be synchronized to an external clock that minimizes the system noise. The bidirectional synchronization pin is also configurable as a 90° out-of-phase output clock, providing the possibility for a stackable multiphase power solution.
The ADP2116 input voltage range is from 2.75 V to 5.5 V and can convert to a fixed output of 0.8 V, 1.2 V, 1.5 V, 1.8 V, 2.5 V, or 3.3 V that can be set independently for each channel using external resistors. If a resistor divider is used, the output voltage can be set as low as 0.6 V. The ADP2116 operates over the −40°C to +125°C junction temperature range.Applications
- Point-of-load regulation
- Telecommunications and networking systems
- Consumer electronics
- Industrial and instrumentation
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADP2116 evaluation (demo) board is a complete, dual, step-down, dc-to-dc converter design based on the ADP2116, a configurable, dual 3 A/single 6 A, synchronous step-down, dc-to-dc regulator.
Tools & Simulations
Microsoft Excel download tool from ADIsimPower to generate a power supply design complete with a schematic, bill of materials, and performance specifications.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.