Features and Benefits
- 2 A maximum output current
- Low input voltage supply range
- VIN = 1.10 V to 1.98 V, no external bias supply required
- Fixed output voltage range: VOUT_FIXED = 0.9 V to 1.5 V
- Adjustable output voltage range: VOUT_ADJ = 0.5 V to 1.5 V
- Ultralow noise: 2 μV rms, 100 Hz to 100 kHz
- Noise spectral density
- 4 nV/√Hz at 10 kHz
- 3 nV/√Hz at 100 kHz
- Low dropout voltage: 62 mV typical at 2 A load
- Operating supply current: 4.5 mA typical at no load
- ±1.5% fixed output voltage accuracy over line, load, and temperature
- Excellent power supply rejection ratio (PSRR) performance
- 62 dB typical at 10 kHz at 2 A load
- 46 dB typical at 100 kHz at 2 A load
- Excellent load/line transient response
- Soft start to reduce inrush current
- Optimized for small 10 μF ceramic capacitors
- Current-limit and thermal overload protection
- Power-good indicator
- Precision enable
- 16-lead, 3 mm × 3 mm LFCSP package
- AEC-Q100 qualified for automotive applications
The ADP1762 is a low noise, low dropout (LDO) linear regulator. It is designed to operate from a single input supply with an input voltage as low as 1.10 V, without the requirement of an external bias supply, to increase efficiency and provide up to 2 A of output current.
The low 62 mV typical dropout voltage at a 2 A load allows the ADP1762 to operate with a small headroom while maintaining regulation and providing better efficiency.
The ADP1762 is optimized for stable operation with small 10 μF ceramic output capacitors. The ADP1762 delivers optimal transient performance with minimal board area.
The ADP1762 is available in fixed output voltages ranging from 0.9 V to 1.5 V. The output of the adjustable output model can be set from 0.5 V to 1.5 V through an external resistor connected between VADJ and ground.
The ADP1762 has an externally programmable soft start time by connecting a capacitor to the SS pin. Short-circuit and thermal overload protection circuits prevent damage in adverse conditions. The ADP1762 is available in a small 16-lead LFCSP package for the smallest footprint solution to meet a variety of applications.
- Regulation to noise sensitive applications such as radio frequency (RF) transceivers, analog-to-digital converter (ADC) and digital-to-analog converter (DAC) circuits, phase-locked loops (PLLs), voltage controlled oscillators (VCOs) and clocking integrated circuits
- Field-programmable gate array (FPGA) and digital signal processor (DSP) supplies
- Medical and healthcare
- Industrial and instrumentation
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADP1761, ADP1762, and ADP1763 evaluation boards demonstrate the functionality of the ADP1761, ADP1762, and ADP1763 series of linear regulators.
Simple device measurements, such as line and load regulation, dropout voltage, and ground current, are demonstrated with only a single voltage supply, a voltmeter, an ammeter, and load resistors.
For full details on the ADP1761, ADP1762, and ADP1763 line regulators, see the ADP1761, ADP1762, and ADP1763 data sheets, which should be consulted in conjunction with the user guide, UG-954, when using this evaluation board.
Documentation & Resources
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
Microsoft Excel download tool from ADIsimPower to generate a power supply design complete with a schematic, bill of materials, and performance specifications.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.