Features and Benefits
- Peak data telemetry recording
- High speed input voltage feedforward control
- 6 pulse-width modulation (PWM) logic outputs with 625 ps resolution
- Switching frequency: 49 kHz to 625 kHz
- Frequency synchronization as master and slave device
- Multiple energy saving modes
- Adaptive dead time compensation for efficiency optimization
- Low power consumption: 100 mW typical
- Direct parallel control for power supplies without OR’ing devices
- Accurate droop current share
- Prebias startup
- Reverse current protection
- Conditional overvoltage protection
- Extensive fault detection and protection
- PMBus compliant
- Graphical user interface (GUI) for ease of programming
- On-board EEPROM for programming and data storage
- Available in a 24-lead, 4 mm × 4 mm LFCSP
- −40°C to +125°C operating temperature
Product DetailsThe ADP1052 is an advanced digital controller with a PMBus™ interface targeting high density, high efficiency, dc-to-dc power conversion. This controller implements voltage mode control with high speed, input line feedforward for enhanced transient and improved noise performance. The ADP1052 has six programmable pulse-width modulation (PWM) outputs capable of controlling most high efficiency power supply topologies, with added control of synchronous rectification (SR). The device includes adaptive dead time compensation to improve efficiency over the load range, and programmable light load mode operation, combined with low power consumption, to reduce system standby power losses.
The ADP1052 implements several features to enable a robust system of parallel and redundant operation for customers that require high availability or parallel connection. The device provides synchronization, reverse current protection, prebias startup, accurate current sharing between power supplies, and conditional overvoltage techniques to identify and safely shut down an erroneous power supply in parallel operation mode.
The ADP1052 is based on flexible state machine architecture and is programmed using an intuitive GUI. The easy to use interface reduces design cycle time and results in a robust, hardware coded system loaded into the built-in EEPROM. The small size (4 mm × 4 mm) LFCSP package makes the ADP1052 ideal for ultracompact, isolated dc-to-dc power module or embedded power designs.
- High density isolated dc-to-dc power supplies
- Intermediate bus converters
- High availability parallel power systems
- Server, storage, industrial, networking, and communications infrastructure
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Software & Systems Requirements
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.