Features and Benefits
- Full Duplex M-LVDS transceiver (driver and receiver pair)
- Switching rate: 200 Mbps (100 MHz)
- Type 1 receiver with hysteresis of 25 mV
- Compatible with the TIA/EIA-899 standard for M-LVDS
- Glitch free power-up/power-down on M-LVDS bus
- Controlled transition times on driver output
- Common-mode range: −1 V to +3.4 V, allowing communication with 2 V of ground noise
- Driver outputs high-Z when disabled or powered off
- Enhanced ESD protection on bus pins
- ≥±15 kV HBM, air discharge
- ≥±8 kV HBM, contact discharge
- ≥±10 kV IEC 61000-4-2, air discharge
- ≥±8 kV IEC 61000-4-2, contact discharge
- Operating junction temperature range: −40°C to +120°C
- 16-lead, 4 mm x 4 mm LFCSP package
The ADN4693E-1 is a multipoint, low voltage differential signaling (M-LVDS) transceiver (driver and receiver pair) that can operate at up to 200 Mbps (100 MHz) nonreturn to zero (NRZ). The receiver detects the bus state with a differential input of as little as ±50 mV over the common-mode voltage range of the device. Electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection of up to ±15 kV is implemented on the bus pins. The ADN4693E-1 is designed to the TIA/EIA-899 standard for M-LVDS and complement TIA/EIA-644 LVDS devices with additional multipoint capabilities.
The ADN4693E-1 features a Type 1 receiver with 25 mV of hysteresis so that slow-changing signals or loss of input does not lead to output oscillations.
This full-duplex device is available in a compact 16-lead, 4 mm × 4 mm lead frame chip scale package (LFCSP). The ADN4693E-1 is specified over the -40⁰C to +120⁰C junction temperature range.
- Backplane and cable multipoint data transmission
- Multipoint clock distribution
- Low power, high speed alternative to shorter RS-485 links
- Networking and wireless base station infrastructure
- Grid infrastructure and relay protection systems
Markets and Technologies
- Automated Test Equipment
- Battery Formation & Test
- Chemical Analysis & Analytical Instruments
- Electronic Test & Measurement
- Communications Test Equipment
- Data Acquisition
- DC Sources & Power Supplies
- Impedance Measurement & Analysis
- Oscilloscopes & Digitizers
- Parametric Measurement
- Power Circuits for Instrumentation
- Precision Measurement
- Precision Signal Analyzers
- Signal Generators (Audio through RF)
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADN4693E-1EBZ allows quick and easy evaluation of the ADN4693E-1 200 Mbps, full-duplex, multipoint, low voltage differential signaling (M-LVDS) transceiver. The EVAL-ADN4693E-1EBZ allows the input and output functions of the transceiver to be exercised without the need for external components. Subminiature A (SMA) connectors provide convenient connections for high speed logic and the M-LVDS bus signals. Screw terminal blocks are available to access power, ground, and digital signals. Jumper options allow control of the driver and receiver enable pins of the transceiver.
The EVAL-ADN4693E-1EBZ is optimized for high speed signaling. The differential M-LVDS signal traces on the board are routed as length matched 100 Ω differential pairs. The EVALADN4693E-1EBZ features a solid ground and power plane for optimum power integrity.
The EVAL-ADN4693E-1EBZ has a footprint for the ADN4693E-1 full-duplex transceiver in a 4 mm × 4 mm, 16-lead, lead frame chip scale package (LFCSP).
For full details on the ADN4693E-1, see the ADN4693E-1 data sheet, which must be used in conjunction with this user guide when using the EVAL-ADN4693E-1EBZ.
Features & Benefits
- Easy evaluation of the ADN4693E-1 200 Mbps, full-duplex, MLVDS transceiver
- Board layout optimized for high speed signaling
- Matched track lengths on M-LVDS differential pairs with controlled 100 Ω differential impedance
- Matched track lengths on high speed DI and RO logic signals with controlled 50 Ω impedance to GND
- SMA jacks for connecting to high speed DI and RO logic signals and the M-LVDS A, B, Y, and Z signals
- Optional screw terminal connectors for accessing the RO, RE, DE, and DI logic signals
- Power and ground connections through screw terminal blocks
- Jumper-selectable driver enable and receiver enable via the RE and DE pins
- Test points for measuring all signals and multiple ground points to facilitate probing of multiple signals
- 100 Ω termination resistors across A and B signals and Y and Z signals to simulate a terminated bus
Documentation & Resources
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.