New Content (1)
Features and Benefits
- Multipoint LVDS transceivers (low voltage differential signaling driver and receiver pairs)
- Switching rate: 100 Mbps (50 MHz)
- Supported bus loads: 30 Ω to 55 Ω
- Choice of 2 receiver types
- Type 1 (ADN4690E/ADN4692E): hysteresis of 25 mV
- Conforms to TIA/EIA-899 standard for M-LVDS
- Glitch-free power-up/power-down on M-LVDS bus
- Controlled transition times on driver output
- Common-mode range: −1 V to +3.4 V, allowing communication with 2 V of ground noise
- See data sheet for additional features
The ADN4690E/ADN4692E/ADN4694E/ADN4695E are multipoint, low voltage differential signaling (M-LVDS) transceivers (driver and receiver pairs) that can operate at up to 100 Mbps (50 MHz). Slew rate control is implemented on the driver outputs. The receivers detect the bus state with a differential input of as little as 50 mV over a common-mode voltage range of −1 V to +3.4 V. ESD protection of up to ±15 kV is implemented on the bus pins. The parts adhere to the TIA/EIA-899 standard for M-LVDS and complement TIA/EIA-644 LVDS devices with additional multipoint capabilities.
The ADN4690E/ADN4692E are Type 1 receivers with 25 mV of hysteresis, so that slow-changing signals or loss of input does not lead to output oscillations. The ADN4694E/ADN4695E are Type 2 receivers exhibiting an offset threshold, guaranteeing the output state when the bus is idle (bus-idle fail-safe) or the inputs are open (open-circuit fail-safe).
The parts are available as half-duplex in an 8-lead SOIC package (the ADN4690E/ADN4694E) or as full-duplex in a 14-lead SOIC package (the ADN4692E/ADN4695E).
- Backplane and cable multipoint data transmission
- Multipoint clock distribution
- Low power, high speed alternative to shorter RS-485 links
- Networking and wireless base station infrastructure
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADN469xEFDEBZ allows quick and easy evaluation of full-duplex M-LVDS transceivers (ADN4692E, ADN4693E, ADN4695E, and ADN4697E). The evaluation board allows all of the input and output functions to be exercised without the need for external components. Screw terminal blocks provide convenient connections for power and ground, with SMB jack connectors for high speed logic and M-LVDS bus signals.
The evaluation board has a 14-lead SOIC footprint for a full-duplex M-LVDS transceiver from the ADN469xE family.
Tools & Simulations
Product Selector Card (1)
Product Selection Guide (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.