Features and Benefits
- DC to 4.25 Gbps per port NRZ data rate
- Programmable receive equalization
- Programmable transmit preemphasis/deemphasis
- Low power: 130 mW per channel at 3.3 V (outputs enabled)
- 16 × 16, fully differential, nonblocking array
- Low jitter, typically 20 ps
- Flexible I/O supply range
- DC- or ac-coupled differential CML inputs
- Programmable CML output levels
- Per-lane input P/N pair inversion for routing ease
- 50 Ω on-chip I/O termination
- Supports 8b/10b, scrambled or uncoded NRZ data
- See data sheet for additional Features
The ADN4604 is a 16 × 16 asynchronous, protocol agnostic, digital crosspoint switch, with 16 differential PECL-/CML-compatible inputs and 16 differential CML outputs.
The ADN4604 is optimized for nonreturn-to-zero (NRZ) signaling with data rates of up to 4.25 Gbps per port. Each port offers a fixed level of input equalization and programmable output swing and output preemphasis.
The ADN4604 nonblocking switch core implements a 16 × 16 crossbar and supports independent channel switching through the serial control interface. The ADN4604 has low latency and very low channel-to-channel skew.
An I2C® or SPI interface is used to control the device and provide access to advanced features, such as additional levels of preemphasis and output disable.
The ADN4604 is packaged in a 100-lead TQFP package and operates from −40°C to +85°C.
- Fiber optic network switching
- High speed serial backplane routing to OC-48 with FEC
- XAUI: 10GBASE-KX4
- Gigabit Ethernet over backplane: 1000BASE-KX
- 1×, 2×, and 4× Fibre Channel
- Digital video (HDMI, DVI, DisplayPort, 3G-/HD-/SD-SDI)
- Data storage networks
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.