Features and Benefits
- Serial data input: 10 Mbps to 2.7 Gbps
- Exceeds ITU-T jitter specifications
- Integrated limiting amplifier
- 5 mV p-p sensitivity (ADN2817 only)
- Adjustable slice level: ±100 mV (ADN2817 only)
- Proprietary dual-loop clock recovery architecture
- Programmable LOS detect (ADN2817 only)
- Integrated PRBS generator and detector
- No reference clock required
- Loss of lock indicator
- Supports double data rate
- BERMON or sample phase adjust options
- Rate selectivity without the use of a reference clock
- I2C interface to access optional features
- Single-supply operation: 3.3 V
- Low power
- 5 mm × 5 mm 32-lead LFCSP
Product DetailsThe ADN2817/ADN2818 provide the receiver functions of quantization, signal level detect, and clock and data recovery for continuous data rates from 10 Mbps to 2.7 Gbps. The ADN2817/ ADN2818 automatically lock to all data rates without the need for an external reference clock or programming. All SONET jitter requirements are exceeded, including jitter transfer, jitter generation, and jitter tolerance. All specifications are quoted for −40°C to +85°C ambient temperature, unless otherwise noted.
This device, together with a PIN diode and a TIA preamplifier, can implement a highly integrated, low cost, and low power fiber optic receiver.
The ADN2817/ADN2818 have many optional features available through an I2C interface. For example, the user can read back the data rate onto which the ADN2817 or ADN2818 is locked, or the user can set the device to lock only to one particular data rate if provisioning of data rates is required. A BERMON circuit provides an estimate of the received bit error rate (BER) without interruption of the data. Alternatively, the user can adjust the data sampling phase to optimize the received BER.
The ADN2817/ADN2818 are available in a compact 5 mm × 5 mm, 32-lead, lead frame chip scale package.
Data Sheet, Rev. A, 8/08
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Evaluation Kits (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.