Features and Benefits
- Upgrade for ADM696/ADM697
- Specified Over Temperature
- Adjustable Low Line Voltage Monitor
- Power OK/Reset Time Delay
- Reset Assertion Down to 1 V VCC
- Watchdog Timer—100 ms, 1.6 s, or Adjustable
- Low Switch On Resistance
- 0.7 Ω Normal, 7 Ω in Backup
- 400 nA Standby Current
- Automatic Battery Backup Switching (ADM8696)
- Fast On-Board Gating of Chip Enable Signals (ADM8697)
- Voltage Monitor for Power Fail or Low Battery Warning
- Also Available in TSSOP Package
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
The ADM8696 / ADM8697 supervisory circuits offer complete single chip solutions for power supply monitoring and battery control functions in microprocessor systems. These functions include µP reset, backup battery switchover, watchdog timer, CMOS RAM write protection and power failure warning.
The ADM8696 / ADM8697 are available in 16-pin DIP and small outline packages (including TSSOP) and provide the following functions:
- Power-On Reset output during power-up, power-down and brownout conditions. The RESET voltage threshold is adjustable using an external voltage divider. The RESET output remains operational with VCC as low as 1 V.
- A Reset pulse if the optional watchdog timer has not been toggled within specified time.
- Separate watchdog timeout and low line status outputs.
- Adjustable reset and watchdog timeout periods.
- A 1.3 V threshold detector for power fail warning, low battery detection or to monitor a power supply other than VCC.
- Battery backup switching for CMOS RAM, CMOS micro-processor or other low power logic (ADM8696).
- Write protection of CMOS RAM or EEPROM (ADM8697).
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.View our quality and reliability program and certifications for more information.
|Part Number||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Pin/Package Drawing||CAD Symbols, Footprints & 3D Models|
|ADM8696ARWZ||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||16-Lead SOIC Wide|
|ADM8696ARWZ-REEL||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||16-Lead SOIC Wide|
|Wafer Fabrication Data|
Select a model from the dropdown below to subscribe to PCN/PDN notifications and view past notifications as well.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.