Features and Benefits
- Upgrade for ADM690 to ADM695, MAX690 to MAX695
- Specified over temperature
- Low power consumption (0.7 mW)
- Precision voltage monitor
- Reset assertion down to 1 V VCC
- Low switch on resistance 0.7 Ω normal, 7 Ω in backup
- High current drive (100 mA)
- Watchdog timer: 100 ms, 1.6 s, or adjustable
- 400 nA standby current
- Automatic battery backup power switching
- Extremely fast gating of chip enable signals (3 ns)
- Voltage monitor for power fail
- Available in TSSOP package
Product DetailsThe ADM8690–ADM8695 family of supervisory circuits offers complete single chip solutions for power supply monitoring and battery control functions in microprocessor systems. These functions include mP reset, backup battery switchover, watchdog timer, CMOS RAM write protection and power failure warning. The complete family provides a variety of configurations to satisfy most microprocessor system requirements.
The ADM8690, ADM8692 and ADM8694 are available in 8-pin DIP packages and provide:
- Power-on reset output during power-up, power-down and brownout conditions. The RESET output remains operational with VCC as low as 1 V.
- Battery backup switching for CMOS RAM, CMOS microprocessor or other low power logic.
- A reset pulse if the optional watchdog timer has not been toggled within a specified time.
- A 1.3 V threshold detector for power fail warning, low battery detection or to monitor a power supply other than +5 V.
The ADM8691, ADM8693 and ADM8695 are available in 16-pin DIP and small outline packages (including TSSOP) and provide three additional functions:
- Write protection of CMOS RAM or EEPROM.
- Adjustable reset and watchdog timeout periods.
- Separate watchdog timeout, backup battery switchover, and low VCC status outputs.
Product Lifecycle Last Time Buy
All products in this family will be obsolete soon. Please contact ADI Sales or Distributors to arrange for final purchases and read our Obsolescence Information to review the time periods for placing final orders and receiving final shipments.
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.