Features and Benefits
- Upgrade for the ADM690, ADM691, ADM695 and for the MAX690, MAX691, MAX695
- Specified over temperature
- Low power consumption: 0.7 mW
- Precision voltage monitor
- Reset assertion down to 1 V VCC
- Low switch on resistance: 0.7 Ω normal, 7 Ω in backup
- High current drive: 100 mA
- Watchdog timer: 100 ms, 1.6 sec, or adjustable
- Standby current: 400 nA
- Automatic battery backup power switching
- Extremely fast gating of chip enable signals (3 ns)
- Voltage monitor for power fail
- Available in TSSOP package
The ADM8690–ADM8695 family of supervisory circuits offers complete single chip solutions for power supply monitoring and battery control functions in microprocessor systems. These functions include mP reset, backup battery switchover, watchdog timer, CMOS RAM write protection and power failure warning. The complete family provides a variety of configurations to satisfy most microprocessor system requirements.
The ADM8690, ADM8692 and ADM8694 are available in 8-pin DIP packages and provide:
- Power-on reset output during power-up, power-down and brownout conditions. The RESET output remains operational with VCC as low as 1 V.
- Battery backup switching for CMOS RAM, CMOS microprocessor or other low power logic.
- A reset pulse if the optional watchdog timer has not been toggled within a specified time.
- A 1.3 V threshold detector for power fail warning, low battery detection or to monitor a power supply other than +5 V.
The ADM8691, ADM8693 and ADM8695 are available in 16-pin DIP and small outline packages (including TSSOP) and provide three additional functions:
- Write protection of CMOS RAM or EEPROM.
- Adjustable reset and watchdog timeout periods.
- Separate watchdog timeout, backup battery switchover, and low VCC status outputs.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.View our quality and reliability program and certifications for more information.
|Part Number||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Pin/Package Drawing||CAD Symbols, Footprints & 3D Models|
|ADM8690ARNZ||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||8-Lead SOIC|
|Wafer Fabrication Data|
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
A Sample link will be shown above, next to the part, only for parts that are included in our sample program. Selecting the Sample button will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.