Features and Benefits
- Low Power Consumption
- Precision Voltage Monitor
- ±2% Tolerance on ADM800L/M
- Reset Time Delay—200 ms, or Adjustable
- 1 µA Standby Current
- Automatic Battery Backup Power Switching
- Fast Onboard Gating of Chip Enable Signals
- Also Available in TSSOP Package (ADM691A)
Product DetailsThe ADM691A/ADM693A/ADM800L/ADM800M family of supervisory circuits offers complete single chip solutions for power supply monitoring and battery control functions in microprocessor systems. These functions include mP reset, backup-battery switchover, watchdog timer, CMOS RAM write protection, and power-failure warning. The family of products provides an upgrade for the MAX691A/93A/800M family of products.
All parts are available in 16-pin DIP and SO packages. The ADM691A is also available in a space-saving TSSOP package. The following functionality is provided:
- Power-on reset output during power-up, power-down and brownout conditions. The circuitry remains operational with VCC as low as 1 V.
- Battery backup switching for CMOS RAM, CMOS micro-processor or other low power logic.
- A reset pulse if the optional watchdog timer has not been toggled within a specified time.
- A 1.25 V threshold detector for power fail warning, low battery detection, or to monitor a power supply other than +5 V.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.