Features and Benefits
- 5 kV rms isolated RS-485/RS-422 transceiver
- ±42 V ac/dc peak fault protection on RS-485 bus pins
- Certified Level 4 EMC protection on RS-485 A, B bus pins
- IEC 61000-4-5 surge protection (±4 kV)
- IEC 61000-4-4 electrical fast transient (EFT) protection (±2 kV)
- IEC 61000-4-2 electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection
- IEC 61000-4-6 conducted radio frequency (RF) immunity (10 V/m rms)
- See data sheet for additional features
- Download ADM2795E-EP data sheet (pdf)
- Military −55°C to +125°C temperature range
- Controlled manufacturing baseline
- 1 assembly/test site
- Enhanced product change notification
- Qualification data available on request
- V62/17611 DSCC Drawing Number
The ADM2795E is a 5 kV rms signal isolated RS-485 transceiver that features up to ±42 V of ac/dc peak bus overvoltage fault protection on the RS-485 bus pins. The device integrates Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology to combine a 3-channel isolator, RS-485 transceiver, and IEC electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) transient protection in a single package. The ADM2795E is a RS-485/RS-422 transceiver that integrates IEC 61000-4-5 Level 4 surge protection, allowing up to ±4 kV protection on the RS-485 bus pins (A and B). The device has IEC 61000-4-4 Level 4 EFT protection up to ±2 kV and IEC 61000-4-2 Level 4 ESD protection on the bus pins, allowing this device to withstand up to ±15 kV on the transceiver interface pins without latching up. This device has an extended common-mode input range of ±25 V to improve data communication reliability in noisy environments. The ADM2795E is capable of operating over wide power supply ranges, with a 1.7 V to 5.5 V VDD1 power supply range, allowing interfacing to low voltage logic supplies. The ADM2795E is also fully TIA/EIA RS-485/RS-422 compliant when operated over a 3 V to 5.5 V VDD2 power supply. The device is fully characterized over an extended operating temperature range of −40°C to +125°C, and is available in a 16-lead, wide-body SOIC package.
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) networks
- Industrial field buses
- Building automation
- Utility networks
Markets & Technology
- Industrial Automation Technology (IAT)
- Aerospace and Defense
- Building Technology
- Instrumentation & Measurement
- Security and Surveillance
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Use the EVAL-ADM2795EEBZ to easily evaluate the ADM2795E 5 kV rms signal isolated RS-485/RS-422 transceiver with Level 4 IEC EMC and 24 V supply fault protection. The EVAL-ADM2795EEBZ evaluation board is easily configured through jumper connections and screw terminal blocks for signal and power connections. The EVAL-ADM2795EEBZ can be powered with either a 9 V battery or a standard configurable bench top power supply. An on-board trimmer potentiometer and an on- board regulator circuit on both VDD1 and VDD2 allow easy power configuration when connected to a 9 V battery.
For −55°C to +125°C temperature ranges, use the EVAL-ADM2795EEPBZ. EVAL-ADM2795EEPBZ shares the same evaluation platform features and to support defense and aerospace applications (AQEC standard and DO-160G ESD & EMC).
Features & Benefits
- 5 kV rms signal isolated RS-485/RS-422 transceiver
- Convenient connections for power supplies and signals through screw terminal blocks and jumper connections
- 1.7 V to 5.5 V operating voltage range on VDD1 logic supply
- 3 V to 5.5 V operating voltage range on VDD2
- −55°C to +125°C temperature range use EVAL-ADM2795EEPBZ
- See user guide UG-997 and UG-1120 for additional features
- UG-1120: Certified Evaluation Board for the ADM2795E-EP Robust 5 kV RMS Isolated RS-485 Transceiver with Level 4 DO-160G EMC and Full ±42 V Protection (Rev. 0)
- UG-997: Certified Evaluation Board for the ADM2795E Robust 5 kV rms Isolated RS-485/RS-422 Transceiver with Level 4 EMC and Full ±42 V Protection (Rev. 0)
Tools & Simulations
3rd Party Solutions (1)
Safety and Regulatory Compliance (1)
Product Selection Guide (1)
Analog Dialogue (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.