Features and Benefits
- Complete supervisory and sequencing solution for up to 8 supplies
- 16 event deep black box nonvolatile fault recording
- 8 supply fault detectors enable supervision of supplies to: < 0.5% accuracy at all voltages at 25°C; < 1.0% accuracy across all voltages and temperatures
- 4 selectable input attenuators allow supervision of supplies to: 14.4 V on VH; 6 V on VP1 to VP3 (VPx)
- 8 programmable driver outputs, PDO1 to PDO8 (PDOx)
- Sequencing engine (SE) implements state machine control of PDO outputs: conditional on input events; Power-up and power-down sequence control; Fault event handling; Interrupt on warnings; Watchdog can be integrated in SE; software control through SMBus
- User EEPROM: 256 bytes
- Complete voltage margining solution for 4 voltage rails
- 4 voltage output 8-bit DACs (0.300 V to 1.551 V) allow voltage adjustment via dc-to-dc converter trim/feedback node
- 12-bit ADC for readback of all supervised voltages Reference input (REFIN) has 2 input options: Driven directly from 2.048 V (±0.25%) REFOUT pin; More accurate external reference for improved ADC performance
- Device powered by the highest of VPx, VH for improved redundancy
- Industry-standard 2-wire bus interface (SMBus)
- Guaranteed PDO low with VH, VPx = 1.2 V
- 4 dual-function inputs, VX1 to VX4 (VXx): High impedance input to supply fault detector with thresholds between 0.573 V and 1.375 V; General-purpose logic input
The ADM1169 Super Sequencer® is a configurable supervisory/ sequencing device that offers a single-chip solution for supply monitoring and sequencing in multiple supply systems. In addition to these functions, the ADM1169 integrates a 12-bit ADC and four 8-bit voltage output DACs. These circuits can be used to implement a closed-loop margining system that enables supply adjustment by altering either the feedback node or reference of a dc-to-dc converter using the DAC outputs.
Supply margining can be performed with a minimum of external components. The margining loop can be used for in-circuit testing of a board during production (for example, to verify board functionality at –5% of nominal supplies), or it can be used dynamically to accurately control the output voltage of a dc-to-dc converter.
The device also provides up to eight programmable inputs for monitoring undervoltage faults, overvoltage faults, or out-of-window faults on up to eight supplies. In addition, there are eight programmable outputs that can be used as logic enables. Six of these programmable outputs can also provide up to a 12 V output for driving the gate of an N-FET that can be placed in the path of a supply.
The logical core of the device is a sequencing engine (SE). This state machine-based construction provides up to 63 different states. This design enables very flexible sequencing of the outputs, based on the condition of the inputs.
A block of nonvolatile EEPROM is available that can be used to store user-defined information and may also be used to hold a number of fault records that are written by the sequencing engine defined by the user when a particular fault or sequence occurs.
The ADM1169 is controlled via configuration data that can be programmed into an EEPROM. The entire configuration can be programmed using an intuitive GUI-based software package provided by Analog Devices, Inc.
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
This page contains evaluation board documentation and ordering information for evaluating this product.
Documentation & Resources
AN-1009: Block Erasing, Reading and Writing to the ADM106x EEPROM (Rev. A)5/26/201163 kB
AN-1086: Using an ADM106x in a Hot Swap Application (Rev. 0)12/14/201059 kB
AN-0997: Ping-Pong Configuration Guide for ADM1062 to ADM1069 Devices (Rev. A)6/15/2009172 kB
AN-1001: Checksum Calculations (Rev. A)4/6/200976 kB
AN-897: ADC Readback Code (Rev. A)11/19/200865 kB
AN-0973: Erasing and Programming the Sequencing Engine EEPROM (Rev. A)11/19/200861 kB
AN-0975: Automatic Generation of State Diagrams for the ADM1062 to ADM1069 Using Graphviz (Rev. A)8/13/2008209 kB
AN-722: Watchdog Detection Using the ADM106x (Rev. 0)6/28/2006179 kB
AN-721: ADM1068/ADM1069/ADM1168/ADM1169 Configuration Registers (Rev. B)3/1/2006500 kB
AN-782: Monitoring High Voltages with the ADM1062-ADM1069 Super Sequencers™ (Rev. 0)6/29/200561 kB
AN-781: Monitoring Additional Supplies with the ADM1062-ADM1069 Super Sequencers™ (Rev. 0)6/29/200596 kB
AN-780: Monitoring Negative Voltages with the ADM1062 to ADM1069, ADM1166, ADM1168, ADM1169, and ADM1260 Super Sequencer Devices (Rev. B)6/21/2005101 K
AN-723: Interrupt Generation Using the ADM106x (Rev. 0)5/6/2004262 kB
UG-404: USB-SDP-CABLEZ Serial Interface Board6/15/2012536 kB
• UG-063: ADM1062 to ADM1069 Evaluation Board User Guide
• UG-049: ADM1062 to ADM1069 Software Tool User Guide
• Automatic Generation of ADM106x State Diagrams using Graphviz
• Super Sequencer Quick Start Demo Configuration Files
• Margin Calculation Tool
Power System Manager and Super Sequencer Selection Guide10/12/20184 M
Software & Systems Requirements
SuperSequencer Software (Rev. 4.2.3 )
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.View our quality and reliability program and certifications for more information.
|Part Number||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Pin/Package Drawing||CAD Symbols, Footprints & 3D Models|
|ADM1169ACPZ||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||40-Lead LFCSP (6mm x 6mm w/ EP)|
|ADM1169ACPZ-RL7||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||40-Lead LFCSP (6mm x 6mm w/ EP)|
|ADM1169ASTZ||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||32-Lead LQFP (7mm x 7mm)|
|ADM1169ASTZ-RL7||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||32-Lead LQFP (7mm x 7mm)|
|Wafer Fabrication Data|
Select a model from the dropdown below to subscribe to PCN/PDN notifications and view past notifications as well.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.