Features and Benefits
- Complete supervisory and sequencing solution for up to 10 supplies
- 10 supply fault detectors enable supervision of supplies to
- <0.5% accuracy at all voltages at 25°C
- <1.0 % accuracy across all voltages and
- 5 selectable input attenuators allow supervision of
- Supplies up to 14.4 V on VH
- Supplies up to 6 V on VP1 to VP4 (VPn)
- 5 dual-function inputs, VX1 to VX5 (VXn)
- High impedance input to supply fault
detector with thresholds between 0.573 V
and 1.375 V
- General-purpose logic input
- 10 programmable output drivers (PDO1 to PDO10)
- Open collector with external pull-up
- Push/pull output, driven to VDDCAP or
- Open collector with weak pull-up to
VDDCAP or VPn
- Internally charge-pumped high drive for
use with external N-FET (PDO1 to PDO6
- Sequencing engine (SE) implements state machine control of PDO outputs
- State changes conditional on input
- Enables complex control of boards
- Power-up and power-down sequence
- Fault event handling
- Interrupt generation on warnings
- Watchdog function can be integrated in
- Program software control of sequencing
- Complete voltage margining solution for 6 voltage rails
- 6 voltage output, 8-bit DACs (0.300 V to 1.551 V) allow voltage adjustment via dc-to-dc converter trim/feedback node
- 12-bit ADC for readback of all supervised voltages
- Internal and external temperature sensors
- Reference input (REFIN) has 2 input options
- Driven directly from 2.048 V (±0.25%) REFOUT pin
The ADM1062 Super Sequencer® is a configurable supervisory/ sequencing device that offers a single-chip solution for supply monitoring and sequencing in multiple-supply systems. In addition to these functions, the ADM1062 integrates a 12-bit ADC and six 8-bit voltage output DACs. These circuits can be used to implement a closed-loop margining system that enables supply adjustment by altering either the feedback node or the reference of a dc-to-dc converter using the DAC outputs.
Supply margining can be performed with a minimum of external components. The margining loop can be used for in-circuit testing of a board during production (for example, to verify board functionality at −5% of nominal supplies), or it can be used dynamically to accurately control the output voltage of a dc-to-dc converter.
The device also provides up to 10 programmable inputs for monitoring undervoltage faults, overvoltage faults, or out-of-window faults on up to 10 supplies. In addition, 10 programmable outputs can be used as logic enables. Six of these programmable outputs can also provide up to a 12 V output for driving the gate of an N-FET that can be placed in the path of a supply.
Temperature measurement is possible with the ADM1062. The device contains one internal temperature sensor and a differential input for a remote thermal diode. Both are measured by the 12-bit ADC.
The logical core of the device is a sequencing engine. This state-machine-based construction provides up to 63 different states. This design enables very flexible sequencing of the outputs, based on the condition of the inputs.
The ADM1062 is controlled via configuration data that can be programmed into an EEPROM. The entire configuration can be programmed using an intuitive GUI-based software package provided by Analog Devices, Inc.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Application Notes (13)
User Guides (2)
Software & Systems Requirements
SuperSequencer Software (Rev. 4.2.3 )
ADMxxxx Common Run-Time
Product Selector Card (1)
Technical Articles (2)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.