Features and Benefits
- 1.8 V to 5.5 V Single Supply
- ±2.5 V Dual Supply
- 2.5 Ω On Resistance
- 0.5 Ω On Resistance Flatness
- 100 pA Leakage Currents
- 19 ns Switching Times
- Triple SPDT: ADG786
- Quad SPDT: ADG788
- 20-Lead 4 mm × 4 mm Chip Scale Packages
- Low Power Consumption
- TTL/CMOS-Compatible Inputs
- For Functionally-Equivalent Devices in 16-Lead TSSOP Packages, See ADG733/ADG734
- Qualified for automotive applications
The ADG786 and ADG788 are low voltage, CMOS devices comprising three independently selectable SPDT (single pole, double throw) switches and four independently selectable SPDT switches respectively.
Lower power consumption and operating supply range of 1.8 V to 5.5 V and dual ±2.5 V make the ADG786 and ADG788 ideal for battery powered, portable instruments and many other applications. All channels exhibit break-before-make switching action preventing momentary shorting when switching channels. An EN input on the ADG786 is used to enable or diable the device. When disabled, all channels are switched OFF.
These multiplexers are designed on an enhanced submicron process that provides low power dissipation yet gives high switching speed, very low on resistance, high signal bandwidths and low leakage currents. On resistance is in the region of a few ohms, is closely matched between switches and very flat over the full signal range. These parts can operate equally well in either direction and have an input signal range which extends to the supplies.
The ADG786 and ADG788 are available in small 20-lead chip scale packages.
- Small 20-Lead 4 mm × 4 mm Chip Scale Packages (CSP).
- Single/Dual Supply Operation. The ADG786 and ADG788 are fully specified and guaranteed with 3 V ± 10% and 5 V ± 10% single supply rails, and ± 2.5 V ± 10% dual supply rails.
- Low On Resistance (2.5 Ω typical).
- Low Power Consumption (<0.01 μW).
- Guaranteed Break-Before-Make Switching Action.
- Data Acquisition Systems
- Communication Systems
- Relay Replacement
- Audio and Video Switching
- Battery-Powered Systems
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Product Selection Guide (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.