Features and Benefits
- Low Insertion Loss and On Resistance: 4 Ω Typical
On-Resistance Flatness <2 Ω
- Bandwidth >200 MHz
- Single 3 V/5 V Supply Operation
- Rail-to-Rail Operation
- Very Low Distortion: <1%
- Low Quiescent Supply Current
(100 nA Typical)
- Fast Switching Times
tON 10 ns
tOFF 4 ns
- TTL/CMOS Compatible
- For Functionally Equivalent Devices in 16-Lead QSOP/ SOIC Packages, see ADG774
The ADG784 is a monolithic CMOS device comprising four 2:1 multiplexer/demultiplexers with high impedance outputs. The CMOS process provides low power dissipation yet gives high switching speed and low on resistance. The on-resistance variation is typically less than 0.5 Ω with an input signal ranging from 0 V to 5 V.
The bandwidth of the ADG784 is greater than 200 MHz and this, coupled with low distortion (typically 0.5%), makes the part suitable for switching fast ethernet signals.
The on-resistance profile is very flat over the analog input range ensuring excellent linearity and low distortion when switching audio signals. Fast switching speed, coupled with high signal bandwidth, also makes the part suitable for video signal switching. CMOS construction ensures ultralow power dissipation making the parts ideally suited for portable and battery powered instruments.
The ADG784 operates from a single 3.3 V/5 V supply and is TTL logic compatible. The control logic for each switch is shown in the Truth Table.
These switches conduct equally well in both directions when ON, and have an input signal range that extends to the supplies. In the OFF condition, signal levels up to the supplies are blocked. The ADG784 switches exhibit break-before-make switching action.
- Also Available as ADG774 in 16-Lead QSOP and SOIC.
- Wide Bandwidth Data Rates >200 MHz.
- Ultralow Power Dissipation.
- Extended Signal Range. The ADG784 is fabricated on a CMOS process giving an increased signal range that fully extends to the supply rails.
- Low Leakage over Temperature.
- Break-Before-Make Switching. This prevents channel shorting when the switches are configured as a multiplexer.
- Crosstalk is typically –70 dB @ 30 MHz.
- Off isolation is typically –60 dB @ 10 MHz.
- Available in Chip Scale Package (CSP).
- Token Ring 4 Mbps/16 Mbps
- NIC Adapter and Hubs
- Audio and Video Switching
- Relay Replacement
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Product Selection Guide (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.