Features and Benefits
- 1.8 V to 5.5 V Single Supply
- 5 Ω (maximum) on resistance
- 0.75 Ω (typical) on resistance flatness
- Automotive temperature range:
−40°C to +125°C
- –3 dB bandwidth > 200 MHz
- Rail-to-rail operation
- 6-lead SC70 package
- Fast switching times
tON = 12 ns
tOFF = 6 ns
- Typical power consumption (< 0.01 μW)
- TTL/CMOS compatible
The ADG749 is a monolithic CMOS SPDT switch. This switch is designed on a submicron process that provides low power dissipation yet gives high switching speed, low on resistance, and low leakage currents.
The ADG749 can operate from a single-supply range of 1.8 V to 5.5 V, making it ideal for use in battery-powered instruments and with the new generation of DACs and ADCs from Analog Devices, Inc.
Each switch of the ADG749 conducts equally well in both directions when on. The ADG749 exhibits break-before-make switching action.<.p>
Because of the advanced submicron process, −3 dB bandwidths of greater than 200 MHz can be achieved.
The ADG749 is available in a 6-lead SC70 package.
- 1.8 V to 5.5 V Single-Supply Operation. The ADG749 offers high performance, including low on resistance and fast switching times, and is fully specified and guaranteed with 3 V and 5 V supply rails.
- Very Low RON (5 Ω Maximum at 5 V and 10 Ω Maximum at 3 V). At 1.8 V operation, RON is typically 40 Ω over the temperature range.
- Automotive Temperature Range: −40°C to +125°C.
- On Resistance Flatness (RFLAT(ON)) (0.75 Ω typical).
- −3 dB Bandwidth > 200 MHz.
- Low Power Dissipation. CMOS construction ensures low power dissipation.
- Fast tON/tOFF.
- Tiny, 6-lead SC70 Package.
- Battery-powered systems
- Communication systems
- Sample-and-hold systems
- Audio signal routing
- Video switching
- Mechanical reed relay replacement
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-6SC70EBZ evaluation board evaluates 6-lead SC70 devices in the Switches and Multiplexers Portfolio that are purchased separately. A clamp is supplied with the EVAL-6SC70EBZ to secure a 6-lead SC70 device to the evaluation board without the need for soldering, making the board reusable for multiple devices.
A 6-lead SC70 device can be clamped or soldered to the center of the evaluation board. Each pin of the device has a corresponding link from K1 to K6 that can be set to either VDD or GND. A wire screw terminal supplies VDD and GND. SMB connectors on the board allow additional external signals to be supplied to the device. In addition, there is space available at the top of the board for prototyping.
Full specifications of the device under test (DUT) are available in the corresponding product data sheet, which should be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- 6-lead SC70 evaluation board
- Clamp allows the main device to be easily changed
- Gold pin connectors allow the addition of passive components
- SMB connectors for the input/output of signals
- Additional space on-board to allow for prototyping
Tools & Simulations
Product Selection Guide (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.