Features and Benefits
- Latch-up immune under all circumstances
- Human body model (HBM) ESD rating: 8 kV
- Low on resistance (13.5 Ω)
- ±9 V to ±22 V dual-supply operation
- 9 V to 40 V single-supply operation
- 48 V supply maximum ratings
- Fully specified at ±15 V, ±20 V, +12 V, and +36 V
- VSS to VDD analog signal range
The ADG5423 is a monolithic industrial CMOS analog switch containing two independent latch-up immune single-pole/single-throw (SPST) switches. Each switch conducts equally well in both directions when on, and has an input signal range that extends to the power supplies. In the off condition, signal levels up to the supplies are blocked. The ADG5423 has one switch turned on and one switch turned off for a Logic 1 input. The ADG5423 exhibits break-before-make action for use in multiplexer applications.
The ultralow on resistance and on-resistance flatness of these switches make them ideal solutions for data acquisition and gain switching applications, where low distortion is critical. The latch-up immune construction, and high ESD rating, makes these switches more robust in harsh environments.
- Trench isolation guards against latch-up. A dielectric trench separates the P and N channel transistors thereby preventing latch-up even under severe overvoltage conditions.
- Low RON.
- Dual-supply operation. For applications where the analog signal is bipolar, the ADG5423 can be operated from dual supplies up to ±22 V.
- Single-supply operation. For applications where the analog signal is unipolar, the ADG5423 can be operated from a single-rail power supply up to 40 V.
- 3 V logic compatible digital inputs: VINH = 2.0 V, VINL = 0.8 V.
- No VL logic power supply required.
- Available in 10-lead MSOP package.
- High voltage signal routing
- Automatic test equipment
- Analog front-end circuits
- Precision data acquisition
- Industrial Instrumentation
- Amplifier gain select
- Relay replacement
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-10MSOPEBZ evaluation board evaluates 10-lead MSOP devices in the Switches and Multiplexers Portfolio that are purchased separately. A clamp is supplied with the EVAL-10MSOPEBZ to secure a 10-lead MSOP device to the evaluation board without the need for soldering, making the board reusable for multiple devices.
A 10-lead MSOP device can be clamped or soldered to the center of the evaluation board. Each pin of the device has a corresponding link from K1 to K10 that can be set to either VDD or GND. A wire screw terminal supplies VDD and GND. SMB connectors on the board allow additional external signals to be supplied to the device. In addition, there is space available at the top of the board for prototyping.
Full specifications of the device under test (DUT) are available in the corresponding product data sheet, which should be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation board.
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.