Features and Benefits
- Overvoltage protection up to −55 V and +55 V
- Power-off protection up to −55 V and +55 V
- Overvoltage detection on source pins
- Low on resistance: 10 Ω
On-resistance flatness of 0.5 Ω
- 5.5 kV human body model (HBM) ESD rating
- Latch-up immune under any circumstance
- Known state without digitals present
- VSS to VDD analog signal range
±5 V to ±22 V dual supply operation
8 V to 44 V single-supply operation
Fully specified at ±15 V, ±20 V, +12 V, and +36 V
- Download ADG5412F-EP Data Sheet (pdf)
- Military temperature range (−55°C to +125°C)
- Controlled manufacturing baseline
- One assembly/test site
- One fabrication site
- Enhanced product change notification
- Qualification data available on request
- V62/16608 DSCC Drawing Number
Product DetailsThe ADG5412F and ADG5413F contain four independently controlled single-pole/single-throw (SPST) switches. The ADG5412F has four switches that turn on with Logic 1 inputs. The ADG5413F has two switches with that turn on and two switches that turn off with Logic 1 inputs. Each switch conducts equally well in both directions when on, and each switch has an input signal range that extends to the supplies. The digital inputs are compatible with 3 V logic inputs over the full operating supply range.
When no power supplies are present, the switch remains in the off condition, and the switch inputs are high impedance. Under normal operating conditions, if the analog input signal levels on any Sx pin exceed VDD or VSS by a threshold voltage, VT, then the switch turns off. Input signal levels up to +55 V or −55 V relative to ground are blocked, in both the powered and unpowered condition.
The low on resistance of these switches, combined with on-resistance flatness over a significant portion of the signal range make them an ideal solution for data acquisition and gain switching applications where excellent linearity and low distortion are critical.
- Source pins are protected against voltages greater than the supply rails, up to −55 V and +55 V.
- Source pins are protected against voltages between −55 V and +55 V, in an unpowered state.
- Overvoltage detection with digital output indicates operating state of switches.
- Trench isolation guards against latch-up.
- Optimized for low on resistance and on-resistance flatness.
- The ADG5412F/ADG5413F can be operated from a dual supply of ±5 V up to ±22 V or a single power supply of 8 V up to 44 V.
- Analog input/output modules
- Process control/distributed control systems
- Data acquisition
- Automatic test equipment
- Communication systems
- Relay replacement
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The EVAL-ADG5412FEBZ is the evaluation board for the ADG5412F, which features four independently controlled single-pole/single-throw (SPST) switches. The ADG5412F hasovervoltage detection and protection circuitry on the source pins and is protected against signals up to −55 V and +55 V in both the powered and unpowered states.
The ADG5412F is soldered to the center of the evaluation board, and four wire screw terminals are provided to connect to each of the source and drain pins. Three screw terminals are used to power the device, with a fourth terminal used to provide a user defined digital voltage, if required. Alternatively, a low dropout (LDO) regulator is provided for 5 V digital voltage control and to supply the LED, which is mounted to provide visual indication of the fault status of the switch.
Full specifications on the ADG5412F are available in the product data sheet, which should be consulted in conjunction with user guide (UG-731) when using the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- Supply voltages
- Dual supply: ±5 V to ±22 V
- Single supply: 8 V to 44 V
- Protected against overvoltage on source pins
- Signal voltages up to −55 V and +55 V
- LED for visual overvoltage indication
- Parallel interface compatible with 3 V logic
- On-board LDO regulator for digital supply and control, if required
The EVAL-16TSSOPEBZ evaluation board evaluates 16-lead TSSOP devices in the Switches and Multiplexers Portfolio that are purchased separately. A clamp is supplied with the EVAL-16TSSOPEBZ to secure a 16-lead TSSOP device to the evaluation board without the need for soldering, making the board reusable for multiple devices.
A 16-lead TSSOP device can be clamped or soldered to the center of the evaluation board. Each pin of the device has a corresponding link from K1 to K16 that can be set to either VDD or GND. A wire screw terminal supplies VDD and GND. SMB connectors on the board allow additional external signals to be supplied to the device. In addition, there is space available at the top of the board for prototyping.
Full specifications of the device under test (DUT) are available in the corresponding product data sheet, which should be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- 16 lead TSSOP evaluation board
- Clamp to allow the main device to be changed easily
- Gold pin connectors to allow the addition of passive components
- SMB connectors for the input/output of signals
- Additional space on board to allow for prototyping
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
Technical Articles (5)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.