Features and Benefits
- Latch-up proof
- 8 kV HBM ESD rating
- Low on resistance (<10 Ω)
- ±9 V to ±22 V dual-supply operation
- 9 V to 40 V single-supply operation
- 48 V supply maximum ratings
- Fully specified at ±15 V, ±20 V, +12 V, and +36 V
- VSS to VDD analog signal range
The ADG5404 is a complementary metal-oxide semiconductor (CMOS) analog multiplexer, comprising four single channels.
The on-resistance profile is very flat over the full analog input range, ensuring excellent linearity and low distortion when switching audio signals.
The ADG5404 is designed on a trench process, which guards against latch-up. A dielectric trench separates the P and N channel transistors, thereby preventing latch-up even under severe overvoltage conditions.
The ADG5404 switches one of four inputs to a common output, D, as determined by the 3-bit binary address lines, A0, A1, and EN. Logic 0 on the EN pin disables the device. Each switch conducts equally well in both directions when on and has an input signal range that extends to the supplies. In the off condition, signal levels up to the supplies are blocked. All switches exhibit break-before-make switching action.
- Trench Isolation Guards Against Latch-Up. A dielectric
trench separates the P and N channel transistors, thereby
preventing latch-up even under severe overvoltage conditions.
- Low RON.
- Dual-Supply Operation. For applications where the analog
signal is bipolar, the ADG5404 can be operated from dual
supplies of up to ±22 V.
- Single-Supply Operation. For applications where the analog signal is unipolar, the ADG5404 can be operated from a single-rail power supply of up to 40 V.
- 3 V logic-compatible digital inputs: VINH = 2.0 V, VINL = 0.8 V.
- No VL logic power supply required.
- Relay replacement
- Automatic test equipment
- Data acquisition
- Audio and video switching
- Communication systems
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-14TSSOPEBZ evaluation board evaluates 14-lead TSSOP devices in the Switches and Multiplexers Portfolio that must be purchased separately from the evaluation board. A clamp is supplied with the EVAL-14TSSOPEBZ to secure a 14-lead TSSOP device to the evaluation board without the need for soldering, making the board reusable for multiple devices.
A 14-lead TSSOP device can be clamped or soldered to the center of the evaluation board. Each pin of the device that the eval board evaluates has a corresponding link from K1 to K14 that can be set to either VDD or GND. A wire screw terminal supplies VDD and GND. SMB connectors on the board allow additional external signals to be supplied to the device. In addition, there is space available at the top of the board for prototyping.
For full details, see the corresponding product data sheet, which must be used in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- 14-lead TSSOP evaluation board
- Clamp allows the main device to be easily changed
- Gold pin connectors allow the addition of passive components
- SMB connectors for the input/output of signals
- Additional space on-board to allow for prototyping
Product Selection Guide (1)
Technical Articles (3)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.