Features and Benefits
- User defined supplies set overvoltage level
- Overvoltage protection up to −55 V and +55 V
- Power-off protection up to −55 V and +55 V
- Overvoltage detection on source pins
- Minimum secondary supply level: 4.5 V single-supply
- Interrupt flags indicate fault status
- Low charge injection (QINJ): 0.8 pC
- Low drain/source on capacitance: 10 pF
- Latch-up immune under any circumstance
- Known state without digital inputs present
- VSS to VDD analog signal range
- ±5 V to ±22 V dual supply operation
- 8 V to 44 V single-supply operation
- Fully specified at ±15 V, ±20 V, +12 V, and +36 V
The ADG5243F comprises three independently selectable, singlepole/double-throw (SPDT) switches. All channels exhibit break-before-make switching action that prevents momentary shorting when switching channels. An EN input enables or disables the device. When disabled, all channels are switched off. Each switch conducts equally well in both directions when on, and each switch has an input signal range that extends to the supplies. The primary supply voltages define the on-resistance profile, whereas the secondary supply voltages define the voltage level at which the overvoltage protection engages.
When no power supplies are present, the channel remains in the off condition, and the switch inputs are high impedance. Under normal operating conditions, if the analog input signal levels on any Sx pin exceed the positive fault voltage (POSFV) or the negative fault voltage (NEGFV) by a threshold voltage (VT), the channel turns off and that Sx pin becomes high impedance. If the switch is selected to be on, then the drain pin is pulled to the secondary supply voltage that was exceeded. Input signal levels up to −55 V or +55 V relative to ground are blocked, in both the powered and unpowered conditions.
The low capacitance and charge injection of these switches make them ideal solutions for data acquisition and sample-andhold applications, where low glitch switching and fast settling times are required.
Note that, throughout this data sheet, multifunction pins, such as IN1/F1, are referred to either by the entire pin name or by a single function of the pin, for example, IN1, when only that function is relevant.
- The source pins are protected against voltages greater than the secondary supply rails, up to −55 V and +55 V.
- The source pins are protected against voltages between −55 V and +55 V in an unpowered state.
- Overvoltage detection with the digital output indicates the operating state of the switches.
- Trench isolation guards against latch-up.
- Optimized for low charge injection and on-capacitance.
- The ADG5243F can be operated from a dual supply of ±5 V to ±22 V or a single power supply of 8 V to 44 V.
- Analog input/output modules
- Process control/distributed control systems
- Data acquisition
- Automatic test equipment
- Communication systems
- Relay replacement
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADG5243FEBZ is the evaluation board for the ADG5243F, which features three independently controlled single-pole/double-throw (SPDT) switches. The ADG5243F has overvoltage detection and protection circuitry on the source pins and is protected against signals up to −55 V and +55 V in both the powered and unpowered states.
The ADG5243F is soldered to the center of the evaluation board, and screw terminals are provided to connect to each of the source and drain pins. Three screw terminals power the device, and a fourth terminal provide a user defined digital voltage, if required. Alternatively, a low dropout (LDO) regulator is provided for 5 V digital voltage control and to supply the LED, which is mounted to provide visual indication of the fault status of the switch.
Full specifications on the ADG5243F are available in the product data sheet, which should be consulted in conjunction with UG-894 when using the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- Supply voltages
Dual supply: ±5 V to ±22 V
Single supply: 8 V to 44 V
- Protected against overvoltage on source pins
Signal voltages up to −55 V and +55 V
- LED for visual overvoltage indication
- Parallel interface compatible with 3 V logic
- On-board LDO regulator for digital supply and control, if required
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.