Features and Benefits
- Latch-up proof
- 2.8 pF off source capacitance
- 9 pF off drain capacitance
- 0.4 pC charge injection
- Low on resistance: 160 Ω typical
- ±9 V to ±22 V dual-supply operation
- 9 V to 40 V single-supply operation
- 48 V supply maximum ratings
- Fully specified at ±15 V, ±20 V, +12 V, and +36 V
- VDD to VSS analog signal range
- Human body model (HBM) ESD rating
8 kV input/output port to supplies
2 kV input/output port to input/output port
8 kV all other pins
The ADG5233 and ADG5234 are monolithic industrial CMOS analog switches comprising three independently selectable single-pole, double throw (SPDT) switches and four independently selectable SPDT switches, respectively.
All channels exhibit break-before-make switching action that prevents momentary shorting when switching channels. An EN input on the ADG5233 (LFCSP and TSSOP packages) is used to enable or disable the device. When disabled, all channels are switched off.
The ultralow capacitance and charge injection of these switches make them ideal solutions for data acquisition and sample-and-hold applications, where low glitch and fast settling are required. Fast switching speed coupled with high signal bandwidth make these devices suitable for video signal switching.
- Automatic test equipment
- Data acquisition
- Audio and video switching
- Communication systems
- Trench Isolation Guards Against Latch-Up. A dielectric trench separates the P and N channel transistors thereby preventing latch-up even under severe overvoltage conditions.
- Ultralow Capacitance and −0.6 pC Charge Injection.
- Dual-Supply Operation. For applications where the analog signal is bipolar, the ADG5233/ADG5234 can be operated from dual supplies up to ±22 V.
- Single-Supply Operation. For applications where the analog signal is unipolar, the ADG5233/ADG5234 can be operated from a single-rail power supply up to 40 V.
- 3 V Logic-Compatible Digital Inputs. VINH = 2.0 V, VINL = 0.8 V.
- No VL Logic Power Supply Required.
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-24TSSOPEBZ evaluation board evaluates 24-lead TSSOP devices in the Switches and Multiplexers Portfolio that are purchased separately. A clamp is supplied with the EVAL-24TSSOPEBZ to secure a 24-lead TSSOP device to the evaluation board without the need for soldering, making the board reusable for multiple devices.
A 24-lead TSSOP device can be clamped or soldered to the center of the evaluation board. Each pin of the device has a corresponding link from K1 to K24 that can be set to either VDD or GND. A wire screw terminal supplies VDD and GND. SMB connectors on the board allow additional external signals to be supplied to the device. In addition, there is space available at the top of the board for prototyping.
Full specifications of the device under test (DUT) are available in the corresponding product data sheet, which should be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation board.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.