Features and Benefits
- Latch-up proof
- 3 pF off source capacitance
- 5 pF off drain capacitance
- 0.07 pC charge injection
- Low leakage: 0.2 nA maximum at 85ºC
- ±9 V to ±22 V dual-supply operation
- 9 V to 40 V single-supply operation
- 48 V supply maximum ratings
- Fully specified at ±15 V, ±20 V, +12 V, and +36 V
- VSS to VDD analog signal range
The ADG5212 / ADG5213 contain four independent single-pole/single-throw (SPST) switches. The ADG5212 switches turn on with Logic 1. The ADG5213 has two switches with digital control logic similar to that of the ADG5212; however, the logic is inverted on the other two switches. Each switch conducts equally well in both directions when on, and each switch has an input signal range that extends to the supplies. In the off condition, signal levels up to the supplies are blocked.
The ADG5212 and ADG5213 do not have a VL pin. The digital inputs are compatible with 3 V logic inputs over the full operating supply range.
The ultralow capacitance and charge injection of these switches make them ideal solutions for data acquisition and sample-and-hold applications, where low glitch and fast settling are required. Fast switching speed together with high signal bandwidth make the parts suitable for video signal switching.
- Automatic test equipment
- Data acquisition
- Audio and video switching
- Communication systems
- Trench Isolation Guards Against Latch-Up. A dielectric trench separates the P and N channel transistors thereby preventing latch-up even under severe overvoltage conditions.
- Ultralow capacitance and < 1 pC charge injection.
- Dual-Supply Operation. For applications where the analog signal is bipolar, the ADG5212 / ADG5213 can be operated from dual supplies up to ±22 V.
- Single-Supply Operation. For applications where the analog signal is unipolar, the ADG5212 / ADG5213 can be operated from a single rail power supply up to 40 V.
- 3 V Logic Compatible Digital Inputs. VINH = 2.0 V, VINL = 0.8 V.
- No VL Logic Power Supply Required.
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-16TSSOPEBZ evaluation board evaluates 16-lead TSSOP devices in the Switches and Multiplexers Portfolio that are purchased separately. A clamp is supplied with the EVAL-16TSSOPEBZ to secure a 16-lead TSSOP device to the evaluation board without the need for soldering, making the board reusable for multiple devices.
A 16-lead TSSOP device can be clamped or soldered to the center of the evaluation board. Each pin of the device has a corresponding link from K1 to K16 that can be set to either VDD or GND. A wire screw terminal supplies VDD and GND. SMB connectors on the board allow additional external signals to be supplied to the device. In addition, there is space available at the top of the board for prototyping.
Full specifications of the device under test (DUT) are available in the corresponding product data sheet, which should be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation board.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.