Features and Benefits
- All switches off with power supply off
- Analog Output of ON Channel Clamped within Power Supplies If an Overvoltage Occurs
- Latch-up proof construction
- Fault and Overvoltage Protection
(-40 V + 55 V)
- Fast switching times:
ton 250 ns max
toff 150 ns max
- Break-before-make construction
- TTL and CMOS Compatible inputs
- 16-Lead DIP/SOIC Packages
The ADG438F and ADG439F are CMOS analog multiplexers, with the ADG438F comprising eight single channels and the ADG439F comprising four differential channels. These multiplexers provide fault protection. Using a series n-channel, p-channel, and n-channel MOSFET structure, both device and signal source protection is provided in the event of an overvoltage or power loss. The multiplexer can withstand continuous overvoltage inputs from −40 V to +55 V. During fault conditions with power supplies off, the multiplexer input (or output) appears as an open circuit and only a few nanoamperes of leakage current flows. This protects not only the multiplexer and the circuitry driven by the multiplexer, but also protects the sensors or signal sources which drive the multiplexer.
The ADG438F switches one of eight inputs to a common output as determined by the 3-bit binary address lines, A0, A1, and A2. The ADG439F switches one of four differential inputs to a common differential output as determined by the 2-bit binary address lines, A0 and A1. An EN input on each device is used to enable or disable the device. When disabled, all channels are switched off.
- Fault Protection. The ADG438F and ADG439F can with-stand continuous voltage inputs up to −40 V or +55 V. When a fault occurs due to the power supplies being turned off, all the channels are turned off and only a leakage current of a few nanoamperes flows.
- On channel saturates while fault exists.
- Low RON.
- Fast Switching Times.
- Break-Before-Make Switching. Switches are guaranteed break-before-make so that input signals are protected against momentary shorting.
- Trench Isolation Eliminates Latch-Up. A dielectric trench separates the p-channel and n-channel MOSFETs thereby preventing latch-up.
- Improved Off Isolation. Trench isolation enhances the channel-to-channel isolation of the ADG438F / ADG439F.
- Data acquisition systems
- Industrial and process control systems
- Avionics test equipment
- Signal routing between systems
- High reliability control systems
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Product Selection Guide (1)
Technical Articles (5)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.