Features and Benefits
- 2 channels of PDM audio inputs from digital microphones
- 64× decimation ratio of PDM to PCM audio data
- 24-bit resolution to support high sound pressure level (SPL) microphones
- 126 dB A-weighted SNR
- 4 kHz to 96 kHz output sampling rate
- Bit clock rates of 64×, 128×, 192×, 256×, 384×, or 512× the output sampling rate
- Automatic PDM clock generation
- Automatic power-down when BCLK is removed
- 0.36 mA DVDD operating current at 48 kHz sampling rate and 1.8 V supply
- Slave I2S or TDM output interface
- Up to TDM-16 supported
- Configurable TDM slots
- I/O supply voltage from 1.70 V to 3.63 V
- DVDD core supply voltage from 1.10 V to 1.98 V
- 4 μA typical DVDD shutdown current
- 9-ball, 1.26 mm × 1.26 mm, 0.4 mm pitch WLCSP
- Power-on reset
The ADAU7112 converts stereo pulse density modulation (PDM) bitstreams into one pulse code modulation (PCM) output stream. The source for the PDM data can be two microphones or other PDM sources. The PCM audio data is output on a serial audio interface port in either inter-IC serial (I2S) or time domain multiplexed (TDM) format.
The ADAU7112 is specified over the commercial temperature range (−40°C to +85°C). The ADAU7112 is available in a halide-free, 9-ball, 1.26 mm × 1.26 mm, 0.4 mm pitch, wafer level chip scale package (WLCSP).
- Mobile computing
- Portable electronics
- Consumer electronics
- Professional electronics
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
This user guide describes the design and setup of the EVALADAU7112Z evaluation board, which can be configured to operate in several different hardware modes. An I2S/time division multiplexing (TDM) serial interface is accessible via header pins spaced at 0.1 inches. Pulse density modulation (PDM) data and the clock interface are available on these headers.
The evaluation board can be powered in several ways:
- External 5 V dc power supply and ground using the J14 header
- External 5 V power supply (not included) using the J8 power connector
- Directly powered using external power supplies that bypass the on-board regulators
On-board regulators derive supplies of 3.3 V, 1.8 V, and 1.2 V. Current measurements of the ADAU7112 can be performed with the supplied header pins.
The evaluation board allows demonstration and performance testing of the features of the ADAU7112.
For full details, see the ADAU7112 data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation board.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.