Features and Benefits
- Low latency, 24-bit ADCs and DACs 102 dB SNR (signal through PGA and ADC with A-weighted filter)
- 107 dB dynamic range (through DAC and headphone with A-weighted filter)
- Serial port sample rates from 8 kHz to 192 kHz
- 130 μs analog-to-serial port latency, 1 kHz at fS = 48 kHz
- 4 single-ended analog inputs, configurable as microphone or line inputs
- Dual stereo digital microphone inputs
- Stereo analog audio output, single-ended or differential, configurable as either line output or headphone driver
- PLL supporting any input clock rate from 8 MHz to 27 MHz
- Full-duplex, asynchronous sample rate converters (ASRCs)
- Power supplies
Analog and digital input/output of 1.8 V to 3.3 V
- I2C and SPI control interfaces for flexibility
- 5 Multi-function pins supporting dual stereo digital microphone inputs, mute, push-button volume controls
Product DetailsThe ADAU1372 is a codec with four inputs and two outputs, which incorporates asynchronous sample rate converters. Optimized for low latency and low power, the ADAU1372 is ideal for headsets, handsets, and headphones. The ADAU1372 has built-in programmable gain amplifiers (PGAs); thus, with the addition of just a few passive components and a crystal, the ADAU1372 provides a solution for headset audio needs. Microphone preamplifiers, ADCs, DACs, headphone amplifiers and serial ports for connections to an external DSP.
- Handsets, headsets, and headphones
- Bluetooth handsets, headsets, and headphones
- Personal navigation devices
- Digital still and video cameras
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
This evaluation board provides full access to all analog and digital I/Os on the ADAU1372. The ADAU1372 register can be controlled by Analog Devices, Inc., SigmaStudio™ software,which interfaces to the board via a USB connection. The EVALADAU1372Z can be powered by a single AAA battery, by the USB bus, or by a single 3.8 V to 6 V supply; any of these are regulated to the voltages required on the board. The printed circuit board (PCB) is a 4-layer design, with a single ground plane and a single power plane on the inner layers. The board contains connectors for external microphones and speakers. The master clock can be provided externally or by the on-board 12.288 MHz passive crystal.
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.