Features and Benefits
- 1.8 V analog and digital core supply voltage
- Correlated double sampler (CDS) with −3 dB, 0 dB, +3 dB, and +6 dB gain
- 6 dB to 42 dB, 10-bit variable gain amplifier (VGA)
- 14-bit, 65 MHz analog-to-digital converter (ADC)
- Black level clamp with variable level control
- Complete on-chip timing generator
- Precision Timing core with 240 ps resolution @ 65 MHz
- On-chip 3 V horizontal and RG drivers
- 100-lead, 9 mm × 9 mm, 0.8 mm pitch, CSP_BGA package
- Internal LDO regulator circuitry
The AD9974 is a highly integrated dual-channel CCD signal processor for high speed digital video camera applications. Each channel is specified at pixel rates of up to 65 MHz. The AD9974 consists of a complete analog front end with analog-to-digital conversion combined with a programmable timing driver. The Precision Timing core allows adjustment of high speed clocks with approximately 240 ps resolution at 65 MHz operation.
Each analog front end includes black level clamping, CDS, VGA, and a 65 MSPS, 14-bit ADC. The timing driver provides the high speed CCD clock drivers for the RG_A, RG_B, H1A to H4A, and H1B to H4B outputs. A 3-wire serial interface is used to program each channel of the AD9974.
Available in a space-saving, 9 mm × 9 mm, CSP_BGA package, the AD9974 is specified over an operating temperature range of −25°C to +85°C.
- Professional HDTV camcorders
- Professional/high-end digital cameras
- Broadcast cameras
- Industrial high speed cameras
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.