165 MHz High Performance HDMI Transmitter
Features and Benefits
- HDMI™/DVI transmitter compatible with HDMI v. 1.3, DVI v. 1.0, and HDCP v. 1.2
- Single 1.8 V power supply
- Video/audio inputs accept logic levels from 1.8 V to 3.3 V
- 80-lead LQFP, Pb-free package
- 64-lead LFCSP, Pb-free package
- 76-ball CSP_BGA, Pb-free package
- 165 MHz operation supports all resolutions from 480i to 1080p and UXGA at 60 Hz
- Programmable two-way color space converter
- Supports RGB, YCbCr, and DDR
- Supports ITU656-based embedded syncs
- Automatic input video format timing detection (CEA-861B)
- Supports standard S/PDIF for stereo LPCM or compressed audio up to 192 kHz
- 8-channel, uncompressed, LPCM I2S audio up to 192 kHz
- On-chip MPU with I2C® master to perform HDCP operations and EDID reading operations
- 5 V tolerant I2C and HPD I/Os, no extra device needed
- No audio master clock needed for supporting S/PDIF and I2S
- On-chip MPU reports HDMI events through interrupts and registers
Product DetailsThe AD9889B is a 165 MHz, high definition multimedia inter-face (HDMI®) v. 1.3 transmitter. It supports HDTV formats up to 1080p, and computer graphic resolutions up to UXGA (1600 × 1200 @ 60 Hz). With the inclusion of HDCP, the AD9889B allows the secure transmission of protected content as specified by the HDCP v. 1.2 protocol.
The AD9889B supports both S/PDIF and 8-channel I2S audio. Its high fidelity, 8-channel I2S can transmit either stereo or 7.1 surround audio at 192 kHz. The S/PDIF can carry stereo LPCM audio or compressed audio, including DTS®, THX®, and Dolby® Digital.
The AD9889B helps reduce system design complexity and cost by incorporating such features as an internal MPU for HDCP operations, an I2C master for EDID reading, a single 1.8 V power supply, and 5 V tolerance on the I2C and hot plug detect pins.
Fabricated in an advanced CMOS process, the AD9889B is available in a space-saving, 76-ball CSP_BGA or 64-lead LFCSP surface-mount package, and an 80-lead LQFP surface-mount package. All packages are available as Pb-free and are specified from −25°C to +85°C.
- DVD players and recorders
- Digital set-top boxes
- A/V receivers
- Digital cameras and camcorders
- HDMI repeater/splitter
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Evaluation Kits (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.