Features and Benefits
- Fast 16-Bit ADC with 200 kSPS Throughput
- Four Single-Ended Analog Input Channels
- Single +5 V Supply Operation
- 120 mW Max Power Dissipation
- Power-Down Mode 50 µW
- On-Chip Clock
- Power-Down Mode
- See datasheet for additional features
The AD974 is a 4-channel, 200 ksps, low power 16-bit A/D converter that operates from a single 5 V supply. It contains a four-channel input multiplexer, a successive-approximation switched-capacitor ADC, an internal 2.5 V reference, and a high-speed serial interface. The AD974 dissipates a maximum of 120 mW, and has a powerdown mode. The ADC is factory calibrated to minimize all linearity errors. The AD974 is specified for full-scale bipolar input ranges of ±10 V, 0 V to 5 V and 0 V to 4 V.
The AD974 is comprehensively tested for ac parameters such as SNR and THD, as well as the more traditional dc parameters of offset, gain and linearity.
The AD974 is available in skinny 28-pin DIP, SOIC, and SSOP packages.
- The AD974 is a complete data acquisition system combining a four-channel multiplexer, a 16-bit sampling ADC and a +2.5 V reference on a single chip.
- The part operates from a single +5 V supply and also has a power-down feature.
- Interfacing to the AD974 is simple with a low number of interconnect signals.
- The AD974 is comprehensively specified for ac parameters such as SNR and THD, as well as dc parameters such as linearity and offset and gain errors.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.