Features and Benefits
- Dual, current-controlled output current sources with 4 input channels
- TTL-selectable output
- Stable on-chip oscillators with independent frequency and amplitude control
- TTL- or LVDS-selectable write channel enables negative logic
- Independent TTL oscillator enables positive logic
- 170 mA minimum output current for the read channel
- 510 mA minimum output current for Write Channel 1
- 330 mA minimum output current for Write Channel 2
- 165 mA minimum output current for Write Channel 3
- Typical rise time/fall time of 0.8 ns
- Low power consumption
- Single 5 V power supply (±10%)
The AD9665 is a laser diode driver for high performance CD-RW and DVD recordable drives. It includes four channels for four different optical power levels: the read channel generates a continuous output power level, whereas Channel 1, Channel 2, and Channel 3 can be used as write channels that can be controlled with an LVDS or TTL interface. The WxDIS and RDIS pins are active low logic. The OSCEN pin is controlled by an active high TTL signal. All active channels are summed at the output where Write Channel 1 can contribute at least 325 mA output current, and Write Channel 2 and Write Channel 3 can contribute at least 250 mA and 150 mA, respectively. The level of the output current is set by an external resistor, which converts this voltage into a current at the WxSET pin.
For more information about the AD9665, contact Analog Devices at High Current Drivers
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.