Features and Benefits
- Low power: 55 mW per channel at 65 MSPS with scalable power options
- SNR = 75.5 dB (to Nyquist)
- SFDR = 91 dBc (to Nyquist)
- DNL = ±0.6 LSB (typical), INL = ±1.1 LSB (typical)
- Serial LVDS (ANSI-644, default)
- Low power, reduced signal option (similar to IEEE 1596.3)
- Data and frame clock outputs
- 650 MHz full power analog bandwidth
- 2 V p-p input voltage range
- 1.8 V supply operation
- Serial port control
- Full chip and individual channel power-down modes
- Flexible bit orientation
- Built-in and custom digital test pattern generation
- Programmable clock and data alignment
- Programmable output resolution
- Standby mode
Commercial Space Features
- Military temperature range (−55°C to +125°C)
- Wafer diffusion lot traceability
- Radiation lot acceptance test (RLAT)
- Total ionizing dose (TID)
- Radiation benchmark
- Single event latch-up (SEL)
The AD9257S-CSL is an octal, 14-bit, 65 MSPS analog-to-digital converter (ADC) with an on-chip sample-and-hold circuit designed for low cost, low power, small size, and ease of use. The product operates at a conversion rate of up to 65 MSPS and is optimized for outstanding dynamic performance and low power in applications where a small package size is critical.
The ADC requires a single 1.8 V power supply and low voltage, positive emitter-coupled logic (LVPECL)-/ CMOS-/low voltage differential signaling (LVDS)-compatible sample rate clock for full performance operation. No external reference or driver components are required for many applications.
The ADC automatically multiplies the sample rate clock for the appropriate LVDS serial data rate. A data clock output (DCO) for capturing data on the output and a frame clock output (FCO) for signaling a new output byte are provided. Individual channel power-down is supported and typically consumes 1 mW when all channels are disabled. The ADC contains several features designed to maximize flexibility and minimize system cost, such as programmable clock and data alignment and programmable digital test pattern generation. The available digital test patterns include built-in deterministic and pseudorandom patterns, along with custom user-defined test patterns entered via the serial port interface (SPI).
The AD9257S-CSL is available in an RoHS-compliant, 64-lead lead frame chip scale package (LFCSP). The device is specified over the −55°C to +125°C temperature range. This product is protected by a U.S. patent. Additional application and technical information can be found in the Commercial Space Products Program brochure and the AD9257 data sheet.
- Small Footprint. Eight ADCs are contained in a small, space-saving package.
- Low Power of 55 mW/Channel at 65 MSPS with Scalable Power Options.
- Ease of Use. A DCO is provided that operates at frequencies of up to 455 MHz and supports double data rate (DDR) operation.
- User Flexibility. The SPI control offers a wide range of flexible features to meet specific system requirements.
- Pin Compatible with the AD9637 (12-Bit Octal ADC).
- Low Earth orbit (LEO) space payloads
- Quadrature and diversity radio receiver
- Optical imaging
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.