Features and Benefits
- Low Power Dissipation: 280 mW
- Single +5V Supply
- No Missing Codes Guaranteed
- DNL: ±0.4 LSB
- On-Chip Sample-and-Hold Amplifier and Voltage Reference
- SNR: 71 dB
- SFDR: -85 dB
- Out-of-Range Indicator
- Straight Binary Output Data
- 28-Lead SOIC
- 28-Lead SSOP
- Compatible with 3 V Logic
The AD9225 is a monolithic, single supply 12-bit, 25MSPS Analog to Digital Converter with an on-chip, high performance sample-and-hold amplifier and voltage reference. The AD9225 uses a multi-stage differential pipelined architecture with output error correction logic to provide 12-bit accuracy at 25MSPS data rates and guarantees no missing codes over the full operating temperature range.
The AD9225 is fabricated on a very cost effective CMOS process. High speed precision analog circuits are combined with high density logic circuits.
The AD9225 offers a complete, single-chip sampling, 12-bit, 25 MSPS analog-to-digital conversion function in 28-lead SOIC and SSOP packages.
- Low Power—The AD9225 at 280 mW consumes a fraction of the power presently available in monolithic solutions.
- On-Board Sample-and-Hold Amplifier (SHA)—The versatile SHA input can be configured for either single-ended or differential inputs.
- Out-of-Range (OTR)—The OTR output bit indicates when the input signal is beyond the AD9225’s input range.
- Single Supply—The AD9225 uses a single 5 V power supply, simplifying system power supply design. It also features a separate digital driven supply line to accommodate 3 V and 5 V logic families.
- Pin Compatibility—The AD9225 is pin compatible with the AD9220, AD9221, AD9223, and AD9224 ADCs.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Application Notes (9)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.